Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed ASV: Lowered AHI, but High Aerophagia
RE: Resmed ASV: Lowered AHI, but High Aerophagia
If you want to try PS max at 10.0, give it a try and let's see if it increases hypopnea events. If it is par with your past experience with PS max 12, then we have a win.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much, I'll give it a try!  I may sneak up on it by trying 11 first.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen good results as low as 8.0. The ASV gives the cue to breathe and spontaneous breathing tends to take-over for most people. Don't sneak up on it. It will work or not, and we reverse course to 11 cm PS max. I'm pretty sure you have this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, once again!  I'll do it exactly as you suggest.  I'll try dropping to 10 for a while, and if it doesn't work I'll try 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good plan!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

As suggested, I dropped my EPAP to 5/7 and my PS to 3/10, giving me an IPAP of 8/17, and tried it for about a month.  The change reduced the aerophagia somewhat, and didn't reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.  Thank You! However, the aerophagia is still a daily problem. 

I've attached the last 3 days of OSCAR, which are pretty typical.  (Last night it took quite a while to get a new cushion adjusted correctly, as shown in the much higher than usual early leak rate.)

I'd definitely like to try adjusting the settings a bit more, but I don't which makes the most sense to reduce, EPAP or PS, and which limit, Min or Max, is likely to give the most relief.  It looks to my novice eyes like I rarely hit the IPAP Max of 17 or the EPAP Max of 7.  However, it also looks like I'm usually above the Minimums for both.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results are very encouraging for using lower pressure settings. You still have some hypopnea and UA events with the lower pressure, so I'm going to suggest lowering PS max to 8.0. This change will take you to the lowest possible PS range that ASV offers, however we can still use settings as low as PS min 2, PS max 5, so hang in there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much!  I'll give 8 a try for a while and see if it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have been exceptionally patient with the therapy and give all new options plenty of time to evaluate. You have no idea how much your approach is appreciated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2023, 05:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your results are very encouraging for using lower pressure settings.  You still have some hypopnea and UA events with the lower pressure, so I'm going to suggest lowering PS max to 8.0. This change will take you to the lowest possible PS range that ASV offers, however we can still use settings as low as PS min 2, PS max 5, so hang in there.

If an ASV user has some hypopneas and UA events, does lowering the PS max help decrease those events?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 140 04-24-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Low OA/H. Still high CA. How to lower them? jakeroviks 1 114 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 904 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 421 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Aerophagia Help - I've tried everything soozgrrl 2 124 04-15-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: soozgrrl
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 146 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 194 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.