Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed ASV vs Dreamstation ASV
RE: Resmed ASV vs Dreamstation ASV
What is an easy way to measure spO2? I have an Oura ring and they are supposed to come with an O2 function, but no idea when or how accurate it is.

The thing is that although my therapy looks quite well, I still feel quite fatigued. I was hoping/expecting to feel significantly more energetic with proper therapy, so that makes me wonder if this is really the best it can get.
Post Reply Post Reply
The decrease of the TiMax seemed to have a huge impact on custom events. They literally vanished with the decrease, went from 10+ per hour to less than 1.
My overall state seems to have improved, but still slightly. Most days I still wake up tired, however currently it is quite often 'only' for an hour or so and then it fades away to a slight fatigue all day. I'm not high energy at all, but at least no longer a zombie. I am still wondering if I can get more out of therapy, but I have no idea what I could try next. There still seem to be quite a lot of high flow rate peaks, and there are still quite some irregularities in the data. My Oura ring also shows a lot of movement in the night. Anyone any suggestions? Here are the last days:
[Image: EnStAu1.png]
[Image: lqxs2rA.png]
[Image: Pcqql1r.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sticking with success at current settings. I really don't have an additional suggestion for the fatigue, and can only suggest it might take more time, or be external to the CPAP therapy. At this point, if you want to experiment with higher PS, you have my blessing. There are no CA event, and respiration has normalized. I do suggest you keep it to increments of 0.4, and don't get too extreme. Consider your comfort and therapy efficacy if you go this route.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Weird, for some reason I did not get a notification of your post. I noticed the custom flagged events seemed very low, and after restarting OSCAR I noticed that all the custom flag calculations were different. TiMax reduction had less effect than I thought it seems. I'm considering to either raise PS or lower TiMax a bit further. Which one would you go for first?

Also you mentioned 'Consider comfort and efficacy', what do you mean with that? Here are the last few nights:
[Image: EXPJk4X.png]
[Image: pZqj01O.png]
[Image: NSxbNll.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
My comment to "consider" is mainly to emphasize that changes to your therapy should be based mainly on comfort, and I don't want to reverse any progress already made. I think there is a risk to relying on graphs and statistics too heavily, and you need to focus more on how you feel. I have never used user-defined flags and I often go many months without looking at data at all. My last data download to Oscar was June 4, and before that January. The point is, at some point the graphs can become a distraction to what really matters, and that is how you feel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I understand your comment. I do have to say that all the tweaks made since I got the VAuto haven't made any difference in my comfort. They all feel fine. I pass out in 2-3 minutes at most, sleep till I wake up, feel crap for 15 minutes and get out of bed and wake during the next hour. So I'm still keen on optimising if possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be you are optimized for the Vauto, and that residual fatigue or whatever it is, might be external to the therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I changed the custom flags to:
50% at 7s
20% at 5s
I think this might make more sense as the previous flags had a very low threshold. Even periods of quite normal breathing with a very short expiratory pause were marked already. I've been increasing PS slowly and so far the effect seems good. I haven't slept as much as I wanted to the last few nights but still feel quite okay. I do notice that most nights there are a couple of obstructions.
[Image: RyKPiM7.png]
[Image: 5yRyFIR.png]
[Image: wJmnwFY.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I've increased PS to 7 (EPAP is still 8), so far it doesn't really seem to make a difference. I also decreased TiMax to 2.0, not much difference either. There still seem to be abnormalities in the data every 10-20 minutes. I still feel like something is off, but can't pinpoint what it is. For example:
[Image: c3F1uhz.png]
[Image: R8NYrZ4.png]
[Image: mpqCGZP.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any guidance for your changes as I continue to believe we are already optimized in this therapy and this is experimental evaluation of small changes. Not a problem, but I can't judge the changes to be better or worse based on what the graphs show.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 548 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto difference from DreamStation BiPap BrassCat 6 747 12-10-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: BrassCat
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Phillips Dreamstation II or Resmed Airsense Auto 11 pwgphoto 6 1,173 10-03-2022, 08:14 PM
Last Post: pwgphoto
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] ResMed Nasal Pillows with DreamStation? RHug00 4 563 09-04-2022, 10:30 AM
Last Post: RHug00

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.