Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed ASV vs Respironics ASV
Resmed ASV vs Respironics ASV
My sleep Dr. has ordered an ASV machine for me. Waiting to hear from DME provider. I have more than 50% central apneas, qualified for ASV by medicare, and not sure if I will have a choice of brands but if I do, which should I order and why? Titration was just done on a Respironics machine. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed ASV vs Respironics ASV
Hi there,

I have the Aircurve ASV and love it, now that it has learned by rhythm I find it the easiest treatment of any machine I have tried to date. On APAP I moved from the Philips to a Resmed and found the delivery of treatment much more bearable on Resmed, same pressure felt much lower and results were better too. Not sure any of this reads across to an ASV machine but it does seem that Resmed's algorithms are just better.

I'd ask for the Resmed if I were you, everyone seems to swear by them although that could just be bias

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use Resmed
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2019, 12:07 PM)Technopauper Wrote: Hi there,

I have the Aircurve ASV and love it, now that it has learned by rhythm I find it the easiest treatment of any machine I have tried to date. On APAP I moved from the Philips to a Resmed and found the delivery of treatment much more bearable on Resmed, same pressure felt much lower and results were better too. Not sure any of this reads across to an ASV machine but it does seem that Resmed's algorithms are just better.

I'd ask for the Resmed if I were you, everyone seems to swear by them although that could just be bias

Rob

Thanks for the info Techno!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the resmed aircurve 10 asv and have found it easy to adapt to, comfortable 'natural' feeling breathing and very effective, w ahi's always below 5 (probably 3) and usually below 1. it is vastly superior to my experience with the resmed apap which also has a good reputation, just not the most effective treatment for me. I have not used any other asv to compare it to so I can't say anything good or bad about the respironics.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the majority of people find the Resmed is both more efficacious and more comfortable. The Philips has a number of manual settings which the Resmed takes care of automatically, so if you do end up with the Philips ensure that you work with your tech to optimise all the settings, not just pressure.

Some users have found the Resmed doesn't give good results but the Philips does, so in the end it's all down to the way the machine works for you. But in your shoes I'd start with the Resmed which seems to have a higher probability of success.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first ASV was Respironics and I was having such a difficult time sleeping with it, and after I was switched to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, I sleep so much better and my AHI has improved greatly also Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to jump on the ResMed AirCurve bandwagon, but this is the ASV machine I use and am very happy with the therapy it provides. This was easy to get used to and therefore my compliance has been easy. I did get a Dr and technician that both agreed that this was the best machine for me and were very knowledgeable on its function. At first for me, I could not get more then 4 hours of sleep using my ASV but after a while my body and brain became accustom to getting real sleep and am now able to sleep for at least seven or eight hours and feel great in the morning, like I have really slept all that time!  
Just my 2 cents on my ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. I have not used any other ASV.
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Mountain Charlie McKiernan 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank all of you for the information. It would be nice if I could try them both before making a decision but that will probably not be possible. I will try to get the Resmed if it is available to me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,029 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,402 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,294 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 349 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.