Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed Activa LT Nasal Mask [copied from old forum]
Resmed Activa LT Nasal Mask [copied from old forum]
zonk Wrote:5
The frame is compatible with the SoftGel , it took a while to find the right adjustment but it is the best mask i have used .
It is very light and comfortable mask that provide  good seal even with the straps loose with no annoying leaks or noises .
The headgear is very stable and it is easy to put on even in the dark and it seals quickly and comfortably .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Activa LT Nasal Mask [copied from old forum]
rocklin Wrote:Took me a while to get used to this mask.

It's possible that medium is too small for me, and large is too large.

Couple of pointers:

1) Visit ResMeds site and check both of these links for fitting:

http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/multimed...68x576.swf

It's important that you put the mask on first (lying on your back), then inflate to your CPAP pressure and check the "bellows", using a hand mirror.
They should inflate to mid-range, with room for more or less inflation.

2) At first, I found the plastic too hard, it rubbed the bridge of my nose sore. For a while, I would wear a 3/4 in wide band-aid, with one end at the tip of my lip, the cotton covering the bridge of my nose, and the top going over the front of my nose.

After a while (couple of weeks?), the mask plastic softened, and I no longer needed the band-aid.

3) Using a tiny bit of dish detergent on a bit of wet paper towel, I wash the forehead section and the outer rim of the mask, where the mask touches my face. Another wet paper towel to clean off the tiny bit of soap, then another to dry it.

This mask can be tough to disconnect from the hose so I bring the wet towels to the connected mask. Takes about 30 seconds to do the whole operation.

I do this each day.

4) If your face is at all greasy, just before you sleep, a quick wash of your forehead and sides of your face (where the mask touches) with a non-greasy soap like Ivory.

These two routines make for a better seal.

5) If the mask leaks at your eyes, you can raise the mask to re-seat, or just use your fingers to tuck under the area that is leaking. Again, using a hand mirror can reveal if the mask is on crooked.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
I have been a CPAP user for just over 1 year this month. I have had great difficulty finding a mask that would fit and feel comfortable. I have a condition called "Rosacia" which causes swelling of the nose( just like W.C. Fields),and makes finding a mask with a good fit.Oh-jeez
Finally tried the Res Med Mirage Activa, Large, with great success. Although I had`to order a Large size`headgear as the unit came with Medium headgear it was worth it.
All in all, I am very pleased with the mask and its fit!Smile
Would recommend it to anyone !
Bompa
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Bompa... welcome to the forum! Smile

My dad uses the Activa also and loves it.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 01:02 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Thanks, Bompa... welcome to the forum! Smile

My dad uses the Activa also and loves it.

I do too. I have a full beard and moustache, the Activa was recommended by my RT...and I just checked - for the last 30 days my 95th percentile leak rate is... zero. Max was 3.4.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2012, 12:11 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
The frame is compatible with the SoftGel , it took a while to find the right adjustment but it is the best mask i have used .
It is very light and comfortable mask that provide good seal even with the straps loose with no annoying leaks or noises .
The headgear is very stable and it is easy to put on even in the dark and it seals quickly and comfortably .
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/multimed...50x300.swf

http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2012, 12:11 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
It is very light and comfortable mask that provide good seal even with the straps loose with no annoying leaks or noises .

After 10 months of trying various mask setups including FF masks such as Respironics FF Full Life (total waste of money), Resmed Mirage Quattro (the best of my FF collection) Quattro FX (could never get the leaks under control) Mirage FX Nose Mask which I also had leaking problems I finally found the most ccomfortable and best working setup for myself.
The Mirage Activa LT with medium headgear and large softgel mask cushion with [link removed] Ruby Chin Strap is the best and most comfortable combination I ever had. It is easy to put on, do not have to have it too tight and no leaking problems, so I am finally happy with this setup.
I also give it a Five Star rating, it is ecellent design with the right size and mask cushion combo which of course can vary by every individual.

Commercial links, including text links, are not allowed. Next time refer to the Supplier's List. In this case, it would have been Supplier #1. - Moderator
-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Activa LT is my mask of choice. Yeah its a bit bulky for a nasal mask (compared to Mirage FX or Wisp), but its the only mask I've ever used where I can get leakage down to 1 digit (usually 3-4 l/min) consistently. And as someone who tosses and turns a lot and am a side sleeper, well I'm challenged with leakage with other nasal masks. And it needs very little adjusting once the initial adjustment was made. Key is to leave it loose (I found this reduced the leakage for me). So for me I give it 5 stars.
Post Reply Post Reply
Truly appreciate mask reviews like this one.
Just finished trying 7 different full face masks.
Issue I have is irregular mouth breathing...normally a nasal mask would suffice. I have worn a pap-cap for about 3 years. Just plain got tired of doing that. My DME has said--FFM of course.
None was comfortable. Maybe I'm picky, but I have been compliant for over 15 years.
Back to a nasal mask.
I am now using a pad under my chin to hold it closed. Very comfortable.
No more pap-cap, though it served me well for the time I used it.

My what we do to be compliant.
DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2013, 05:28 AM)DaveL Wrote: Truly appreciate mask reviews like this one.
Just finished trying 7 different full face masks.
I think the cushion is the best part, very flexible perfect for keeping a good seal with movement and the vents extremely quiet

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 0 360 03-08-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 44 24,449 01-22-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,238 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,147 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,406 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,849 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,679 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.