Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed Activa LT Nasal Mask [copied from old forum]
RE: Resmed Activa LT Nasal Mask [copied from old forum]
(03-23-2012, 08:52 PM)zonk Wrote:
(02-18-2012, 12:11 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
zonk Wrote:5
The frame is compatible with the SoftGel , it took a while to find the right adjustment but it is the best mask i have used .
It is very light and comfortable mask that provide good seal even with the straps loose with no annoying leaks or noises .
The headgear is very stable and it is easy to put on even in the dark and it seals quickly and comfortably .
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/multimed...50x300.swf

http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the Activa LT nasal mask in the mail and had a good nap with it. It fits and does not leak so we'll do a test drive tonight and see. Strangely my RT did not even want to show me this mask saying it was bulky and I wouldn't like it. So I got it from Amazon getting the head gear separately so I did not need a prescription for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I started CPAP in November of last year and was issued the Respironics Wisp, which I found very comfortable. The only problem is that when I move around while sleeping it would sometime leak, waking me up. I typically sleep on my back and would sometimes roll to one side. I had tried the Respironics Comfort Gel Nasal and was not very successful in reducing the leaks and it was not as comfortable as the Wisp. I wanted to find a mask that would work for me and after reading posts from this site and others I decided on trying the Resmed Activa LT nasal mask. This mask is now my mask of choice. The "ActiveCell" really works and no matter how I move around in bed, the seal is there and is fairly comfortable. I am aware that masks do not perform the same for everyone, but this one works for me. With the Wisp I could wear my glasses to read but the frame of the Activa LT does not allow that, I consider that a small price for a good nights sleep. The Activa's exhalation port is definitely quieter than the Wisp and my wife finds it not as objectionable when its blowing in her direction as compared to the Wisp or the Comfort Gel. A possible downside of the mask for some might be it's physical size compared to the Wisp and with the cushion inflated it projects out quite a bit. If your a stomach sleeper (which I am not), you might find this a problem, but with the "ActiveCell" it still might work for you. That cushion just seems to stick to your face. Being a newbie, I figured I would be trying a great number masks (expensive) before finding the right one, but thanks to Boards like this one my search is ended. The Activa LT is my main mask now while the Wisp is my backup.

Thanks from a newbie,
EdSmile
Post Reply Post Reply

The Mirage Activa LT is the first and only mask that doesn't leak. I find it comfortable. Still on the search for a FFM that doesn't leak.
Sleeping better since 01/13/2016 Smile

Masks I have tried to date
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 0 364 03-08-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 44 24,452 01-22-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,239 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,147 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,408 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,850 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,680 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.