Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Air Curve 10 data problem
Resmed Air Curve 10 data problem
I just got a new Resmed Aircurve 10 on Monday, I looked at the data in both ResScan and Sleepyhead on Tuesday and both showed significant time breaks in the reported data. I tried a different SD card on Tuesday night and had the same result. The machine was not recording data about 20% of the time it was on and I was using it. I exchanged the machine on Thursday and this morning I saw the same thing in the data from the new machine. Has anybody else seen this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Air Curve 10 data problem
Got the same machine and I have not seen that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the AirCurve 10 V Auto and I have not seen that problem. My ResScan data presents well, however no data is being received on the ResMed MyAir site. I have been using it for 4 nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding. That gives me some hope a third machine will work correctly.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I figured out what's going on and thought I would pass it on in case anyone else has this experience.. When the machine senses anything that indicates you are not using it, it stops recording data. This is to prevent reporting use time for compliance when it's running but not being used. For example, if you take off your mask and leave the machine on it stops recording data after 60 seconds.

I have periods during my sleep when I apparently just stop breathing. My respiration rate goes to zero and my tidal volume goes to zero. The machine does not flag this as an apnea event. After a little more than a minute, it thinks I am not using it and it stops collecting data.

I don't know what triggers it to restart collecting data.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
You are describing the machines "Smartstart, and Smartstop" features. There is nothing all that smart about them. Go into your settings (download the clinician manual from the links above if you need to) and turn those features off. That will require you pushing the on button when you want to use the machine, but that seems to be something rather easily mastered.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 03:27 PM)retired_guy Wrote: You are describing the machines "Smartstart, and Smartstop" features....

I wasn't clear. The machine does not stop and start. It just stops and restarts logging the data.

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,259 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,399 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Should I Buy It..Air Curve 10 VAuto WW4B 2 207 02-24-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 232 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 305 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 461 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 537 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.