Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having Clear Air Events in Clusters
RE: Having Clear Air Events in Clusters
SleepyKiddo"I have a connective tissue disorder and require the higher pressure to keep my airway open and my obstructives down."

It might be a good idea to refer back to the doctor, about how the connective tissue disorder affects lung function. You may need the PS:5 or more. If it were me I'd go for more testing. As has been said, pressure induced CA are common enough, you may need another machine, the 3 types are, ASV is normally for a healthy lung, ST and a/i vaps for those that need more control.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day SleepyKiddo. Welcome to Apnea Board.

What we haven't established is what your breathing was like before you went onto CPAP/BiPAP. If you have a copy of your sleep report it would really help if you could post the summary. (And if you don't have it, you should get a copy). At the moment we don't know if you were having obstructive or central apnea (or mixed) in the first place. We also don't know what your untreated AHI was - you said it's gone up, but it's currently at 10 which is regarded as mild apnea. If you have some #SleepyHead daily charts from your CPAP machine it would also be useful to compare that with your current results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SleepyKiddo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and getting it fine-tuned to better meet your needs.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 21 55 minutes ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,341 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 218 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 155 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [CPAP] Clear Airway/Central AI? mattymast 3 180 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.