Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Air Mini
Resmed Air Mini
Can this be used as your only CPAP machine for use every day at home?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Air Mini
What is "this"?

Edit: Okay read the title. Can the Resmed Air Mini be used as your primary machine?

Yes, but it's nowhere near as nice as the Airsense 10 Autoset or Dreamstation Auto. Noisy, lack of humidity, short hose...your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The short answer is yes, but I would not recommend it for constant use.
They are a bit noisy, even the company that make them admit to this.
There is a lack of humidity, so you can be affected by dry airways.
You might be able to work round the humidity problem, but if it is not for emergency travel I wouldn't bother with it.
Get yourself something a lot better.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
As I see it, the short answer is NO, because there is no access to therapy efficacy. The AirMini apps give only as much information as the myAir website, which is inadequate for maximising your therapy benefits.
I haven't checked to see if anybody has figured out the equivalent of the Clinician's menu, the AirMini app certainly doesn't allow you set your own mode or pressures or EPR.
As a travel supplement, if you can get your DME to set the machine to your own values, it might be OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2017, 06:30 PM)pholynyk Wrote: As I see it, the short answer is NO, because there is no access to therapy efficacy. The AirMini apps give only as much information as the myAir website, which is inadequate for maximising your therapy benefits.
I haven't checked to see if anybody has figured out the equivalent of the Clinician's menu, the AirMini app certainly doesn't allow you set your own mode or pressures or EPR.
As a travel supplement, if you can get your DME to set the machine to your own values, it might be OK.

Yes, you are right, it would do the job, but not very well.
So really the answer for every day use should be NO.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SleepSoldier,
In your profile, you list your machine as an S9VPAP Auto.
I don't think any travel machine will substitute for your VPAP Auto for everyday or any use.
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,268 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
Question BMC Mini M1 - Pressure Settings? SwissTruffle 0 324 12-25-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SwissTruffle
  New to Air Mini-I need advice! tj1616 0 380 10-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tj1616
  Resmed Air Mini and Freedom Battery Compatability Kags1969 1 672 08-02-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Idea Convert Airsense 11 into Air mini or vice versa? mltam 1 608 05-20-2023, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.