Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HELP
Resmed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HELP
Hello everyone 
  I am new here and looking for some help with a Resmed Aircurve 10 VAUTO Bipap.

The machine works great and is out of warranty. The only issue i have is the power sometimes goes on and off. 
  I played with the cord (Like we do with a cellphone charge cable) and it would work so I thought it was the power
  cable and bought a new one. Still have the same issue. Its the receptacle inside the unit. I am good with electronics
   just looking to find a source for the part. I called a service place and described the problem and was trying to get an
   idea of the cost and time. I explained I thought it should be an easy repair. He indicated that if it could be repaired
   would be 80 BUT he said it was possible the receptacle was a part of the mother board it would be more expensive 
   and that I should send it to him today to examine. I asked if I provided the serial number could he determine if it was
   integrated or not. He said best way was to send it to him. He also was trying to sell me a new unit. 

Can anyone help or give me an idea where to find the part?

Serial Number is     23172780812   REF   37051  LOT  1276633  DN  421

Much Appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HELP
This video, at the timestamp I entered, shows a quick glance of the yellow power connector on an opened machine.
You may need to pause and rewind a few times to see what you can see.

https://youtu.be/kCE4n1uKX98?t=589

AFAIK: All of the S10 machines look the same on the outside and look the same on inside too. Only the software changes from model to model.
However, I've never seen any repair manuals or exploded parts diagrams or places to source parts on the interweb.

It should be easy to open up the case and take a look to see if any wiring looks frayed or if a solder connection is loose or whatever.

Getting hold of any parts would be a whole different ballgame and it would probably be easiest to find a donor machine from the S10 series.  
Maybe someone is selling a high-hours machine on craigslist or a down-market model at a good price.
Presumably ANY model would suffice because the power connector parts will be identical across all models.

First things first... open it up and see what you can see.
If nothing obvious shows up.. it might be a problem on the motherboard or something like that.

P.S. The power connector is nowhere near the motherboard. The power is at the back, the motherboard is at the front.
As you can see in the video.. the black-white-red wires send the power from the connector to the motherboard.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HELP
A power adapter is relatively inexpensive. I have had one fail, and keep one on standby. I bought power supplies for my Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto for less than $20 each from my local supplier. I'm seeing under $30 on Amazon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 301 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 860 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.