Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto - Essentials Help
Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto - Essentials Help
Good morning, I am trying to figure out exactly what essentials settings do on my machine? If there is a thread already open on this topic, I was unable to find it. Any input would be helpful.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto - Essentials Help
Essentials ON means you can see some data on the patient therapy screen. Essentials PLUS means you can see all the efficacy data on the patient screen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should download the clinical manual from this web site, it will tell you everything that you want to know.  The most important settings are:

IPAP.    Inhalation pressure in cm/h2o
EPAP.    Exhalation pressure in cm/h2o
PS.       Pressure support in cm/h2o which is the allowable difference 
            between IPAP and  EPAP

Hopefully your doc gave prescription to use the machine in auto mode.  Your prescription may be set at 18cm/h2o IPAP, 9 cm/ h2o and pressure support of 4 cm/h20.  Your machine figures out that a pressure of 16cm is best to prevent APNEA's, it will automatically set your EPAP to 12 cm this difference is your pressure support of 4 cm. There are two more settings concerning inhalation and exhalation times as well.

Best thing to do is download the clinical manual http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Download Sleepyhead software to monitor progress and ask questions on this forum
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry may have miss read your question. Learned something new myself
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I just became aware of the essentials PLUS setting on my machine and see no difference in the resulting data from the  basic essentials ON setting.  
What am I missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
With the plus settings on you get extra control in the users menu...

In the patient menu there are two types of access levels, Essentials and Essentials Plus.
Essentials is designed to make the device interaction and menu navigation easier for patients. It is a
simple choice for patients who do not want to worry about settings or menu navigation. It provides
access to the most important comfort features such as Ramp Time, Humidity Level (if water tub
available) and Run Mask Fit.

However, by enabling Essentials Plus you can allow highly engaged patients to access additional
features for control over more of their therapy settings, including changing their mask type, EPR (if
available), SmartStart and Run Warmup (if water tub available).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 297 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 552 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 205 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.