Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirCurve 10 vAuto check settings?
Resmed AirCurve 10 vAuto check settings?
Hello there,

Did a first sleep study that came back inclusive, and couple of people on Reddit suggested I might have UARS as my symptoms were matching more this than sleep apnea.

I went ahead and bought a BiPap machine (Resmed AirCurve 10 vAuto with Mirage FX nasal mask) through OfferUp and I spent one night with it. It does work! Feeling not so tired despite waking several times during the night, no more brain fog today, and gf said no snoring. Only downside was I've swallowed a bunch of air as soon as I wanted to talk or use my mouth, and I've a bloated stomach today.

Anyway I wondering if you guys can help me out with the settings for the machine? Just left everything to default yesterday night.

Current settings: imgur.com/a/sAU46qC
[Image: qrZQT9l.jpeg]

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirCurve 10 vAuto check settings?
Welcome to AB, I was one of those talking to you on Reddit

This is your thread, anything about your therapy goes here.
That is a good start, can you post results from OSCAR, Please attach the screenshot. (Items in my signature will sho how. )
The data from the OSCAR screenshot will determine our response, it is that important. If you follow the instructions it will include your settings.
settings (4-25, PS=4) Trigger and Cycle are Medium
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is a free and very good program to show you what the machine does and what events you have while sleeping. It would be good to include this data for us to be well armed to help you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since this is a therapy thread, this thread has been moved from Software Support Forum to the Main Forum.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour, SarcasticDave94 for the warm welcome and the ressources! It's great to have this community.

I've just downloaded OSCAR and I've ordered online a SD card reader for my Macbook. I'll post the data here when I get it.
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple things you can do with that shiney new Vauto in the meantime. Go into the Settings and scroll down to Essentials. Change from On to Plus. This will give you more information in your on-screen sleep report until you get the SD card. With that sleep data, we can actually help you to make some initial effective changes if needed. Oscar is a much richer data source for optimizing therapy settings, but there is quite a bit of information available on-screen, including the AHI, types of events, tidal volume, minute vent and more. It's worth having Essentials set to Plus.

You can read the tutorials on Organizing Your OSCAR Chart and Attaching an Image. They are linked in my signature. This will give you an idea of what OSCAR can do. I edited your first post to embed the image you linked. Once you transition to Member in a few posts, you will be able to add your own.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks @Sleeprider, I'll give a try to update the settings to Plus!

Random question: Is it regular that the mask seems to be constantly leaking in the elbow area of the pipe? Like now the mask seal between my face and the mask seems to be tight, no more leaks there. And the mask leak is back to green happy face. However I've noticed it seems be leaking from the elbow area of the mask that connect to the mask. Like a huge constant leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're meaning where the vent holes are located, this venting of air is expected and required. This series of vent holes exist so you can exhale and so that if excess air is present it has an escape route. One reason is you are not expected to breathe in through the nose and the mask then exhale through your mouth (for nasal and pillows masks). So you must be able to exhale through these vents.

Secondly, do not be too concerned over what the red frowny demon has to say about your mask leaks. What does OSCAR data say in the leak graph? OSCAR is much more detailed than just red or green. You can see the trace for the entire sleep session, ranging from whatever the lowest to highest leaks were recorded. Further, there's calculated/expected leaks and those that are excessive and/or uncontrolled leaks. Each PAP has a leak rate that calculated and is necessary to function. For example, ResMed machines have determined that over 24 L/min is a large leak; below this and the PAP can maintain therapy and adjust pressures accurately.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the clarifications Dave, I should get a SD card reader delivered today, I'll post the graph here later tonight.

Should air being vented out only on exhale though? The flow seems continuous.
Post Reply Post Reply
The mask vent releases air all the time at a rate of about 24L/min. You will be surprised to learn it actually vents more volume during inhale because your machine provides higher inspiratory pressure and lower expiration pressure. The vent prevents re-breathing expired air and CO2.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 202 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.