Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirCurve 10 vaAuto vs AirCurve10
Resmed AirCurve 10 vaAuto vs AirCurve10
First off, because of a dysfunctional Dr and staff I had to wait for 4 months to get a sleep test.  In the mean time a relative had given me a ResMed AirCurve 10 vaAuto machine that he used twice and then quit.  After reading many threads on this forum I started using it and was able to get a pressure that I was comfortable with to get used to the machine.  Well after 4 months I have gotten the sleep test and got a call today from the company that will send the machine and said someone would call me to talk to about it.  I asked what machine they would send and they said a Resmed AirSense 10.  
I would like to use both machines and have one set up to use when I travel.  So my question is can I use both machines if set up the same or are they totally two different machines.  My first thought is to ask them if they would send me the same machine that I have.  Reading on this forum it seems to be a good machine.   But if not then would it be OK to use both machines if set up the same.
So what do you advise.

Thanks Dennis
PS, great forum.  Have got a lot of info and will be asking a lot of questions.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirCurve 10 vaAuto vs AirCurve10
Dennis, the Vauto is a more sophisticated machine, and it would help to know how you have it setup. Of course you can use both machines and depending on settings, we can probably make them feel very similar. On your Vauto, you set the EPAP min pressure (exhale), and PS (pressure support and a maximum pressure. There are a number of other settings for fine-tuning. The Airsense 10 uses CPAP pressures and you set a minimum and maximum pressure, and have up to 3-cm of exhale pressure relief, which is similar to PS on your Vauto.

You will get more out of each machine if you download the OSCAR software. It's free and reports all the details of your therapy and machine settings. Link is at the top of this page. https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ Welcome to the forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Make sure what they are giving you is an airsense autoset and not just an airsense 10 which will give you no data.  This is very important.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2019, 04:52 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Yes Make sure what they are giving you is an airsense autoset and not just an airsense 10 which will give you no data.  This is very important.

yankees123, note that AirSense 10 is a model line with 4 models, AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite, CPAP (which is the brick)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2019, 04:32 PM)Dman Wrote: I would like to use both machines and have one set up to use when I travel.  So my question is can I use both machines if set up the same or are they totally two different machines.  My first thought is to ask them if they would send me the same machine that I have.  Reading on this forum it seems to be a good machine.   But if not then would it be OK to use both machines if set up the same.

In addition to what Sleeprider said, on your point here, the vauto can do anything the autoset can, but not the reverse.

So if you benefit from the extra pressure support on the vauto, for example, you won't be able to reproduce that fully on the autoset.

But it's possible you don't need that, so really depends.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour for clarifying. Just didn’t want him to accept a brick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for you replies.  I have downloaded OSCAR and I'm having problems saving the files to my computer so I can attach them.  I have read the instructions some have in there signature but still having problems.  This 65 yr old guy isn't that good with computers, I may have to have my 10 yr old grand daughter show me how.  Grin
I was able to take a screen shot for you to look at, hoping that might help a little.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In answer to your original question, based on this chart you can easily match performance on both the Autoset and VAuto.

Some questions about the VAuto settings
Why is PS=0?  This is not a normal setting, not harmful, just way different than a "standard" PS=4.
You have some central apnea, not enough to be overly concerned, but have you tried higher PS?  If so, what happened?

Can you post (redacted) full copy of your diagnostic sleep study.  It will help to see if there is evidence of central apneas
Post Reply Post Reply
I had noticed the pressure at 0 when I posted the screen shot and went back to see what it used to be and it was at 4 before I changed the other two settings.  I must have changed it by accident.  I changed it back to 4.  By the way what is that setting for.
I have not got my sleep results back yet, I will post them when I do.
Thanks for the reply.
Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
It's used (increased) to either treat a variety of obstructive events or (decreased) to minimize central events in individuals that are 'sensitive' to them. We don't know which you are yet but the number of centrals you have say you might be.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 202 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.