Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirCurve Experiences
Resmed AirCurve Experiences
I am a long time Resmed user. The S7 was my first Resmed machine, I am now on an S9 Elite. I looking at moving to either a Resmed AirCurve BiPAP or a VAuto. I did not see any reviews of the Resmed AirCurve Series, and I am guess they would be similar to the AirSense 10 line. Anything I should know before making this jump?

Thanks,
Lux
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirCurve Experiences
Does the S9 address your apnea events properly? I'm not sure that unless you are having issues that cannot be addressed without a bi-level or whatever machine you should go down that road - at least not without a new sleep study workup.

But a move to the S9 Autoset, or the A10 Auto might make some sense for you. It all depends on what your results are now. That, and of course the never ending quest for new toys. To me, that's a real good reason to move to the AirSense 10 Autoset. But I'm not so sure about the AirCurve.

By the way, I see you're in Denver....... Say "hi" to my kid when you see him. You can't miss him, tall kid, dark hair.....
Post Reply Post Reply
I had one sleep study in December which determined my pressure needed to go from 12cm to 20cm to get the AHI < 10. They recommended a second BiPAP study which had my AHI @ 1.6 with a 17cm/12cm on BiPAP. I am working on getting a BiPAP approved by Insurance. I am wondering if I am going to a more expensive machine anyways, that maybe a VAuto would be best?

Regards,
Lux
Post Reply Post Reply
The terminology keeps changing. Bipap is Philips Respironics terms for bilevel machines, while Aircurve is Resmed's new term for bilevel. The Aircurves come in several versions, of which the VAuto is the auto adjusting bilevel machine. The non-auto version is the Aircurve 10s, and the ASV version is the Aircurve ASV. These replace the various S9 VPAP models.

If you have central or mixed apneas then the ASV machine will be required - these are expensive. If it's only obstructive apnea, then try for the VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lux,

I do not have any experience with the Aircurve 10 but I am using the S9 VPAP auto which is Resmed's S9 Bilevel auto. I like it a lot and have nothing but good to say about it. I normally use it in the S mode which is the straight bilevel non-auto mode. I can and have run it in the bilevel auto mode. I am very happy with the S9 and presume that Resmed did not screw it up going to the Aircurve 10.

One other thing. There do not appear to be a lot of people on this board that are using bilevel machines.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirCurve 10 machines only came out very recently, maybe in December (?).

From all appearances, they're the same hardware as the AirSense 10 machines with different firmware, so there haven't been a lot of reports from users.

The AirSense machines have been out for something like a year. My impression is they haven't had a lot of problems. They don't have any major obvious improvements over the S9, but they do have a few improvements.

I'm not sure how well SleepyHead works with the AirCurve models at this time. I'm not saying it doesn't work, saying I don't know. The AirCurve models came out after Mark, the author of SleepyHead went on hiatus. However, ResScan should work.

The S9 machines have a really good track record.

For now, I don't see a clear winner in the A10 vs. S9 now. I presume the S9 machines will become less and less available over time. I expect the A10 will turn out to be as good and reliable as the S9 series.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the AirCurve V Auto Bilevel. For me it is extremely valuable because I cannot get valid sleep study results due to my EMI sensitivity. It has allowed me to let the machine do a titration while I am really sleeping. If I want to use that information to run it in the S mode I can do that. One thing I have learned about myself using this Bilevel is that setting the PS too high can really disrupt my sleep and cause many CA events. The heavy pulsing caused by the pressure jumping was the culprit. When I reset it from PS 6 to PS 4 all that went away. The ResMed Bilevel keeps a constant PS at the programmed setting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 581 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.