Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirCurve10 VAuto Bi-pap SD Problems?
Resmed AirCurve10 VAuto Bi-pap SD Problems?
Hello. I’m new here and I just transitioned from a Resmed S-9 VAuto in Bi-Pap mode to a Resmed AirCurve10 VAuto in Bi-pap mode. I have the Resmed software but am considering getting Oscar. What I would like to know BEFORE removing my card and putting it in a card reader is will the Aircurve10 have the same problem reading a card that Windows10 writes volume information on like my S-9 had? I find that it was really a pain to have to run CMD prompt and remove volume info every single time I read the card. I also don’t want to loose any info on my card before I see my Dr again. I know I can read all the info from the machine and do glance at it everyday because I’m trying to battle out mask leaks but would like to see all the info I can from the last week or so without risking loosing any of the information on my card. Thanks in advance  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirCurve10 VAuto Bi-pap SD Problems?
The A10 series doesn't have the problem that the S9 does with System Volume Info. You should be good to go.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply! So good to know! That volume info was a real pain with the S-9.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You could have engaged the "Write Protect" option on the card or disable the system volume writing feature in the O/S.  For your knowledge, OSCAR does not write anything to the card.  Unless you use the parameter change feature in ResScan, it doesn't write anything either.

Here are the steps on Windows 10 to disable it:
  1. Right click "Computer"
  2. Select "Manage"
  3. Double click "Services and Applications"
  4. Single click "Services".
  5. In the right pane, scroll down and find "Storage Service".
  6. Right click, and select "Properties".  
  7. If it is running, click the "Stop" button.  Then in the dropdown labelled "Startup Type:" select "Disabled"
This will prevent the unnecessary storage service from running, since it is responsible for creating System Volume Information on SD cards and USB drives.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always “lock” the card but somehow windows gets around the lock? I also tried disabling the storage service but volume info was still being written to the card somehow? I did a re-boot after disabling it but it still wrote volume info to my card-I did go back and see if that service was running and it showed it was disabled. Not sure why card was being written to? I just ran the CMD prompt and removed it every time I used it in computer to make S-9 happy.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK you might try this: Disable/EnableSysVolInfo
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I’ll try that. Hopefully it will turn it off and nothing Will be written to card.

Thanks Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,889 4 hours ago
Last Post: clan
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 378 Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 98 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 678 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,235 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.