Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit F10
RE: Resmed AirFit F10
Ive been using the F10 for 3 months now with great success. AHI is down BUT I did have leak issues with it for a while there, until I started using fabric liners. My problem was achieving a good seal across the bridge of my nose and try as a may with strap tensions, I still had leaks when I tried to lay on my side. Use the fabric liners and the problem went away.
Looking at leakage rates with SleepyHead software all results are well under the 24 ltr nominated by ResMed so Im happy.
The F10 was the lightest FF that I had tried and it certainly is the most comfortable that I had tried.( I had used a FP Simplus before hand but the head band felt like a vice and I never really came to terms with it)
I will certainly be renewing my current mask when the time comes and making my own liners as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
SmileSmileSmileSmile
I give the Resmed AirFit a ring of 4 stars. It leaks a minimal amount around my eyes some nights.

I tried a Fischer/Paykal mask, don't know the model number, but it kept leaking and hurting the bridge of my nose.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Great mask, no massive leaks, sleep all night(6 hours),shame cannot get headgear separately, this mask cost AU$299 in Australia. Can get it from the US including postage for AU$110
Regards
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
EvilTim, I moved your post to here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Airfit-F10
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
[split] Airfit F10
New to the forum and new CPAP user (1 week), but I have the AirFit F10. After the first day of adjusting it, I didn't have any major leaks reported.

I get small leaks around the eyes and my cheek once in a while because the mask bumps into the pillow (side-sleeper here) and nudges it. I switched pillows and adjusted how I position myself, and it seems to have reduced that. I also woke up with a sore neck from sleeping to accommodate the mask until I hit the "sweet spot"

The things I like about the mask:

1) It's actually fairly comfortable to me. The silicone seal around the edges has an extra flap that inflates with the CPAP pressure and provides some cushioning.
2) It was easy to adjust with the velcro straps.
3) When you take the headgear off to wash it, it just unhooks, so you don't have to readjust the straps when you put it back together - just hook them on.
4) The "pillow" part of the mask separates from the frame, so I just wash the pillow part daily and the frame 2x weekly with the headgear.
5) I also have oily skin. I make sure to wash my face right before I put it on. So far, no skin irritation or breakouts and my skin oil hasn't caused the mask to slide around. Even with a day or two of stubble from not shaving, it didn't irritate.

What I don't like:

1) While it doesn't block your straight-line vision, it does block some of your vision, so if you're reading or watching TV before falling asleep, you may have to adjust your angle a bit.

2) I do wake up with some pressure marks on my face, but they tend to go away after my morning shower. It could also be that since I'm new to this I have them a bit tighter than I need to.

I guess I got lucky on my first attempt with a mask. Since it seems to be working well for me and the inconveniences are minor, I'm probably not going to have to try a different mask. I'm a known mouth-breather with allergies, so I didn't even attempt anything except a FFM.

Hope that helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having some minor leaking issues with mine. Not as comfortable to wear as the Amara View in my opinion either.

Biggest gripe is the lower straps which aren't attached to the mask, they fall off the mask all the time, although not in use. Not sure what the point is for those in the first place--why not have a solid loop for those straps instead of an open end the straps slide off of?
Post Reply Post Reply
dawoodsman, if your post is a review, please consider re-writing it following the guidelines here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...orum--5546

If it is not a review but a general question, please ask it in the Main Forum.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 10:20 AM)jetstreamblue Wrote: I finally gave up on the Airfit F10 after trying for a month to get used to it. I'm now trying the P10 pillows. I had thought that I needed a full face mask because me and my wife were convinced I'm a mouth breather. But after trying the P10 last night with basically zero leaks, I think I'm in luck.
Now, I have to say I don't think the F10 is a bad full face mask, more like I couldn't get used to wearing one. My biggest issues with it from a design perspective: (1) turning to my side would shift the mask enough to cause leaks, the straps just don't hold it properly for me without over tightening, (2) constant leaking air from the hose swivel connector (I think they should have a rubber seal in that connector) which increases/decreases depending on which way the hose is pulling.

Although it did not take me a month, I am also giving up on the F10. I do like the fit of the cushion, and the strapping system is fine, but I am a side/stomach sleeper, and even though the leaks do not wake me (I don't feel them or hear them from anywhere) Sleepyhead shows from 35% to 50% time in large leak status, and I mean pretty substantially above the 24 LPM line.
I use a F&P Simplus as my normal FFM, and do get more leaks than I would like, but I can normally keep them below 5%. I just thought I would try the F10, but I am sending it back.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: (2) constant leaking air from the hose swivel connector (I think they should have a rubber seal in that connector) which increases/decreases depending on which way the hose is pulling.

I have no leaking from the hose connection - I take that back, after I cleaned the hose yesterday I snapped it back on and at first last night I had the leaking you are describing. I reached up to find the leak and on wiggling the hose it finished snapping into place and the leak stopped. I expect you had it like I did with one side snapped in and the other not.

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2016, 08:10 AM)Snowbird47 Wrote: Although it did not take me a month, I am also giving up on the F10. I do like the fit of the cushion, and the strapping system is fine, but I am a side/stomach sleeper, and even though the leaks do not wake me (I don't feel them or hear them from anywhere) Sleepyhead shows from 35% to 50% time in large leak status, and I mean pretty substantially above the 24 LPM line.
I use a F&P Simplus as my normal FFM, and do get more leaks than I would like, but I can normally keep them below 5%. I just thought I would try the F10, but I am sending it back.

I had that large leak problem also at first, What I found was that I was tightening the straps too tight. I got into the habit when adjusting to adjust the straps as loose as possible to get the mask into place, then either just start therapy or use Mask Fit and slowly tighten the straps a very little on top first to get the air leaks stopped there, then the bottom two. Each step very small changes. And frequently lifting the mask and letting it re-inflate. It sounds complicated but it is really simple and only takes a few seconds. And of course it only has to be done if I take the straps off for washing or something.

IT seems counter intuitive at first, but with he F10, looser is better.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,683 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,300 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,153 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,144 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,002 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,816 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,069 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.