Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit F10
Wink 
Resmed AirFit F10
I cannot find the stars for the rating, but I give it 5 stars.  This FF is an upgrade of  the Quattro Air, which uses the same cushion.  I like this because it doesn't have the forehead arm of the Air.  Because it doesn't have that arm, it also doesn't have a headgear strap to go around the forehead, which to me is an improvement.  I feel so free without that piece of headgear.  

The nosebridge plastic has been built up and is much thicker than on the Air, and two semi-hard plastic "arms" go from the upper part of the frame on each side and under the cheekbone to where the straps attach just in front of your ear.  I had hoped I would be able to wear my glasses for reading or watching TV, but no such luck.  The bridge piece is really too thick to accommodate glasses easily.  I have sometimes had to stick my glasses up there to set my alarm, and it is doable, but awkward.  

The drawback for me is the little "sleeves" that came with it for padding on the side arms.  They fit so precisely that it is hard to get them on and take them off.  Washing them occasionally is out of the question unless you have two sets as they don't dry by bedtime.  It doesn't look like they are sold separately from the mask/headgear package.  It doesn't bother me to sleep without those pads, but I'd like some to protect my face from lines.. they are the only mask lines I have that don't go away in a couple of hours.

I like the F10 much better than the Quattro Air, but keep the Air as a backup mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit F10
I agree. I prefer it to both the Quattro FX and the Quattro Air.

After getting sick of dealing with massive pillow leaks and dealing with wearing the chinstrap during the hot summer night in Texas (I will quite literally sweat under it), I switched to using my F10 for full time.

It's the only FFM that doesn't cause air to shoot across my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know you can buy the straps for the Air Fit P10 separately. It's disappointing that you can't get the straps for this one also. Sad

ResMed have a history of doing this, though - it was impossible to get straps for the older Swift FX masks separately, either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, I never even noticed those. Maybe I got them, maybe I didn't.

Have you considered a mask liner as an alternative? I like padacheek, although I've been wearing this for a few days without any liner and it's been fairly comfortable. I think I probably will get one soon as occasionally I'll sleep funky or something and wake up with a pretty nasty mark on the bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2014, 05:09 PM)DNB128 Wrote: The nosebridge plastic has been built up and is much thicker than on the Air, and two semi-hard plastic "arms" go from the upper part of the frame on each side and under the cheekbone to where the straps attach just in front of your ear. I had hoped I would be able to wear my glasses for reading or watching TV, but no such luck. The bridge piece is really too thick to accommodate glasses easily. I have sometimes had to stick my glasses up there to set my alarm, and it is doable, but awkward.

Question about the side arms, how do you find them comfort wise? I'm considering buying an Airfit F10 as I like the idea of being without the forehead bits of headgear but I'm a side sleeper and not sure how comfy the arms would be.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a side-sleeper and I've been wearing my F10 constantly with no problem. I find this mask to be very comfortable and it seems to "stick" to my face much better than my old Quattro FX. Feels like the cushions are made of a completely different material. Although my Quattro FX was a "medium" and so is my F10, my F10 feels a "tad bit" larger and covers my mouth and nose better. Wish I hadn't tossed out my Quattro FX the morning after first wearing my F10 because I could measure the Quattro and see if I'm just dreaming or if the F10 is larger.

Strange thing is: When I briefly wore the F10 during my sleep test in July I felt my face was "cradled" by the plastic side arms. For some reason - try as I can - I cannot get that same "cradling" effect with my own F10. The plastic arms don't touch my face at all. I've even thought I might - somehow - be wearing it "inside-out", but … no… I'm not. The F10 is still the most comfortable mask I've ever worn.

My "back up" mask is now the P10. Can you believe that? I prefer the F10 over pillows? Well… I had too many leaks with the P10. My lips flap in the night and the tape I used nightly started to remove my skin. THANK ResMed for the F10!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2014, 07:09 AM)Crist Wrote:
(08-02-2014, 05:09 PM)DNB128 Wrote: The nosebridge plastic has been built up and is much thicker than on the Air, and two semi-hard plastic "arms" go from the upper part of the frame on each side and under the cheekbone to where the straps attach just in front of your ear. I had hoped I would be able to wear my glasses for reading or watching TV, but no such luck. The bridge piece is really too thick to accommodate glasses easily. I have sometimes had to stick my glasses up there to set my alarm, and it is doable, but awkward.

Question about the side arms, how do you find them comfort wise? I'm considering buying an Airfit F10 as I like the idea of being without the forehead bits of headgear but I'm a side sleeper and not sure how comfy the arms would be.

Crist, I wondered about that myself but then I thought "what the heck. I won't know until I try them." I too am a side sleeper, and the side arms don't bother me a bit. I doubt if I will ever want to wear my Air again as I really love not having that forehead arm and headstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally gave up on the Airfit F10 after trying for a month to get used to it. I'm now trying the P10 pillows. I had thought that I needed a full face mask because me and my wife were convinced I'm a mouth breather. But after trying the P10 last night with basically zero leaks, I think I'm in luck.
Now, I have to say I don't think the F10 is a bad full face mask, more like I couldn't get used to wearing one. My biggest issues with it from a design perspective: (1) turning to my side would shift the mask enough to cause leaks, the straps just don't hold it properly for me without over tightening, (2) constant leaking air from the hose swivel connector (I think they should have a rubber seal in that connector) which increases/decreases depending on which way the hose is pulling. On the plus side, the cushions are much more comfortable than the old Quattro Air which I also test fitted, and the swivel (apart from the leakage I mentioned) works very well to smoothly keep the hose of my the way for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2014, 10:20 AM)jetstreamblue Wrote: I finally gave up on the Airfit F10 after trying for a month to get used to it. I'm now trying the P10 pillows. I had thought that I needed a full face mask because me and my wife were convinced I'm a mouth breather. But after trying the P10 last night with basically zero leaks, I think I'm in luck.
Now, I have to say I don't think the F10 is a bad full face mask, more like I couldn't get used to wearing one. My biggest issues with it from a design perspective: (1) turning to my side would shift the mask enough to cause leaks, the straps just don't hold it properly for me without over tightening, (2) constant leaking air from the hose swivel connector (I think they should have a rubber seal in that connector) which increases/decreases depending on which way the hose is pulling. On the plus side, the cushions are much more comfortable than the old Quattro Air which I also test fitted, and the swivel (apart from the leakage I mentioned) works very well to smoothly keep the hose of my the way for me.

The F10 actually uses the same cushion as the Quattro Air; how could their comfort be more comfortable unless you were wearing a different size mask?

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2014, 09:34 PM)DNB128 Wrote: The F10 actually uses the same cushion as the Quattro Air; how could their comfort be more comfortable unless you were wearing a different size mask?

Did I mix up with the Mirage Quattro? It was in the store where they gave me the different masks to test fit, and it definitely had a different material cushion. The F10's cushion felt softer to the touch.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,150 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,123 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,996 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,815 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,068 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.