Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirFit F10
Ohmy 
Resmed AirFit F10
As a new comer to this forum, just wanted to have bit of a chat regarding the ResMed Airfit F10. I Have just purchased my first CPAP unit today, a ResMed S9 Autoset with all the necessary bits and pieces, as well as a F10 full face mask. I tried it on and it feels really comfortable but it will only get it's try out tonight. If it doesn't work out then it's back for a exchange!
I just Want to ask at this point if anyone has had any exposure to this mask presently or in the past and if they wouldn't mind sharing the experience with me? Now I know it's a case of "horses for courses" when it comes to which mask is better than the next one and it's somewhat a case of "what works me won't work for you", but I would really like to hear from anyone out there. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit F10
Hi Raypat, welcome to happy camper land.

The F10 is a fairly new mask and is beginning to get some play around here. So "search" for it and you'll probably find some threads with early discussions. I'm using the P10 so I can't be much help other than to say I will probably buy one of these as a backup in case I get a super cold or something and think my P10 can't work for awhile.

But keep us posted as to how you're doing with the F10. As I say, there's been a fair amount of excitement over this product line.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes please share your thoughts. I have the P10 as well and am having leakage because my mouth opens when I am congested. Thinking about getting the F10 next week. I have till June 10 to make a change...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 07:59 PM)Chrstauffe Wrote: Yes please share your thoughts. I have the P10 as well and am having leakage because my mouth opens when I am congested. Thinking about getting the F10 next week. I have till June 10 to make a change...

Hi Chrstauffe,

Welcome to the board room! I keep two masks. First the P10 which is my everyday go to mask. And a Quattro Air which I use as backup if for some reason my nose quits working. At some point I probably will replace the Quattro Air with the F10. Just because........

What I have found however is that barring a significant virus cold or something, the P10 does a great job of keeping my nose working even if I do have some allergy type congestion.

Also, I use a chinstrap fastened just enough to "encourage" my mouth to stay shut. You might think about that as well. Even with a FFM it is best if you can keep your mouth shut. Breathing through your mouth with a full mask will likely result in dry mouth conditions which can be unpleasant. But if that's the only way you can breath, then yes, that's what you would do.

Anyhow, I guess my in-general message to you would be that if you can only have one mask, I'd seriously consider keeping the P10 as that mask. There might be occasions where going to a full mask would be nice, but although I'm prepared for that, it has not yet occurred.

So it will be interesting to see how everyone is getting along with the new F10. But I think a FFM is chosen too often when a better alternative might exist with a little effort.

Again, welcome to the board.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 10:49 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Hi Raypat, welcome to happy camper land.

The F10 is a fairly new mask and is beginning to get some play around here. So "search" for it and you'll probably find some threads

Well, here it is, for better or worse. First night was a 4 out of 10 for me, however it wasn't a definitive outcome due mainly to my relative inexperience with the wearing of a mask, only been 2+ weeks now, and the fact that I don't think I had gotten the strap tensions right.
Net result was being woken up half a dozen times with heavy leaks at the top of the mask and onto both eyes! Added to that, the pressure was ramped up high and my mouth was like parchment!

I am a side sleeper and sleeping on my back has never worked for me ever since I was a youngster so that wouldn't have helped either. I am also very picky when it comes to pillows and as a result I normally sleep with two. I cannot abide a hard pillow. So saying, the softer pillows would, in all probability, add to the mask displacement when sleeping on my side.

I had more or less the same sorts of problem with the mask that came with the rented unit I was given when I first started on CPAP, but after a while, I finally found the "sweet spot" with that mask, a F&P Simplus, and it worked fine after that.

I did notice some red pressure point markings on either side of my nose this morning after I had removed the T10 mask, but again, that was probably due to a error on my part, due to the incorrect tensioning I had applied to the upper straps and not in anyway due to the mask design.
I guess I will just have to get back on the horse again and have a go at taming the beast using brains rather than brawn.Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
I am moving this thread to the main forum.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 07:59 PM)Chrstauffe Wrote: Yes please share your thoughts. I have the P10 as well and am having leakage because my mouth opens when I am congested. Thinking about getting the F10 next week. I have till June 10 to make a change...

Hi Chrstauffe, happened to see your post and just wondered what size pillow you are using on your P10?
When I fist started using I had trouble with leaks but when from Medium pillow to Large and it has made so much difference. I am able to fit my mask at night and not worry about leaks.
Just thought it was worth a mention.
I think I shall also check out this F10. This is the first I have heard about it.
Then again the old saying, if you are on a good thing, stick to it!
Good luck to you.

Good Luck Raypat, and sorry I am unable to offer you any information on the F10.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I used it for a few days. While I enjoyed it and found it to leak much less than the previous FFMs I'd tried (Quattro FX, Quattro Air), I also found it irritated my face quite a bit (same with the others). So if you can tolerate FFMs, I would recommend giving it a shot.

Chinstraps as mentioned are also an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 11:25 PM)Raypat Wrote: I had more or less the same sorts of problem with the mask that came with the rented unit I was given when I first started on CPAP, but after a while, I finally found the "sweet spot" with that mask, a F&P Simplus, and it worked fine after that.

Hi Raypat,
I am also a FFM user, started PAPing in January, so not too far on this journey. My 1st mask was a ResMed Mirage Quattro, and I learned how to get along with it reasonably well, but it seemed like it needed to be cinched down tighter than was really comfortable. The leaks were mostly ok, but even after several months, I occasionally have had a night where it was mostly battling leaks. So I started looking for the next mask.

I am now 6 days into a 30-day trial on a new F&P Simplus Large, and I don't think I'll be returning this one. It is very comfortable, roomy inside, and the leaks have been spectacularly low. The last several days, all the Sleepyhead median and 95% leak stats have been 0.00. I did have to learn the right placement: it seems to do better when it is a bit higher on my face than I expected, but easy to do. I also like that the entire seal and shell assembly (including the vent area) is designed for daily cleaning.

If you can't find a suitable solution with the F10, you might think about the Simplus again.

Good Luck,
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
The F10 uses the same cushion as the Quattro Air (which I am using). It is fairly similar to the Simplus...both have fairly soft and deep seals that need to be positioned "just right" for you to get the best results.

I found that the tighter the Quattro Air and Simplus were, the worse the leaks were. My solution was to use the "mask fit" function from the S9's user accessible set-up menu to do the initial fitting. Put the mask on, fire up the fitting function and adjust things until you are comfortable and not getting blasted by leaks. Chances are the tension will end up being a little higher than you need (assuming you don't need 20 cm H20 as part of your therapy)...so you can back it off a bit.

I personally find that if you put too much tension on the top straps with the Quattro Air / F10's cushion, that's where it will leak....kind like you squish the seal until it taps out.

Just some thoughts....keep us posted on how things go Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,094 20 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,973 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,129 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.