Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirFit F10
RE: Resmed AirFit F10
(05-30-2014, 04:51 AM)jhoeger Wrote: .... have uncontrolled mixed (central and obstructive) sleep apnea, and am on my 6th bi-pap machine (now Resmed S9 Adapt SV).
... I just had a oxygen saturation study done about 2 weeks ago, and found that I desaturated down to 76%. Over a 7 hour sleep period, I spend almost 20 minutes under 88% saturation, and over 36 minutes under 89% saturation. It looks like I'm going to be sleeping with oxygen again.
Even under the care of one of the best sleep apnea doctors in the Atlanta area, a "good" night for me (AHI wise) is to have a AI index of around 5, hypopnea index of 13 for a combined AHI of 18.

(05-31-2014, 09:27 AM)Kadenz Wrote: It might be worth downloading SleepyHead software, to help better understand the effect of your treatment. Also, are you sleeping on your back, as that typically makes ones AHI score worse? And is it possible that you're mask straps are too tight?

Hi jhoeger, welcome to the forum!

Just above the top right corner of the listing of all forum threads is the button/link for starting your own thread.

I suggest you start your own thread so your questions will get more individual attention. When you do so, I suggest including your machine's settings.

On ResMed S9 machines, the settings are displayed in the Settings portion of the advanced info screen. You get to the advanced info screen by holding down both rectangular buttons simultaneously for 4 seconds. You get to the Settings portion by turning the large knob two clicks clockwise.

It would be helpful if you would include what mode your machine is in (i.e. CPAP, ASV or ASVauto), EPAP (or Min EPAP and Max EPAP if your machine has settings for those), Min Pressure Support (PS) and Max PS.

Also, when viewing the Settings, a push on the knob will allow you to scroll to see more settings, so you can see all the settings and can verify Sleep Quality is on, the Mask type is correct, etc.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got the Resmed ResScan software, so I am able to download my S9 data any time that I want a "good laugh". Besides being "blessed" with mixed sleep apnea, I also have a bad back, causing severe pain when I sleep on my side, as well as a bad neck, making me unable to turn my head far enough to allow me to sleep on my stomach.
My sleep doctor ordered another overnight pulse oximetry test for me tonight. He apparently didn't believe that I desaturate below 80% (as indicated by my first test last month), so it's going to take another couple of weeks to find out if an oxygen concentrator will be required for sleeping. Just another "noise making machine" making it even more fun to sleep in the same room with me.

Thanks for the well wishes, I appreciate them,

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 11:09 PM)jhoeger Wrote: I've got the Resmed ResScan software, so I am able to download my S9 data any time that I want a "good laugh". Besides being "blessed" with mixed sleep apnea, I also have a bad back, causing severe pain when I sleep on my side, as well as a bad neck, making me unable to turn my head far enough to allow me to sleep on my stomach.
My sleep doctor ordered another overnight pulse oximetry test for me tonight. He apparently didn't believe that I desaturate below 80% (as indicated by my first test last month), so it's going to take another couple of weeks to find out if an oxygen concentrator will be required for sleeping. Just another "noise making machine" making it even more fun to sleep in the same room with me.

Thanks for the well wishes, I appreciate them,

Jim

Hi Jim,

So, you can't sleep on your side......... and when you sleep on your back, you obstruct so badly that your o2 sat goes gunny sack. So do you own a nice reclining lounge chair? No? How come?

It sounds to me like you need to sleep on your back, but you need to get your airway up. You can do that with a nifty hospital style bed, or you can do that with a nice comfy chair until you find out how well it works. But it sounds to me like what you are doing isn't working that well, so you need a new plan?

How do you do when you fall asleep watching tv? Pretty good? Try wearing your mask while doing that.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jhoeger,

What Retired Guy said.

Also, I suggest getting a 50 foot long crush-proof O2 line and putting that noisy, smelly machine in a near by room or bathroom with the door closed and screened window opened wide near the machine (so the machine gets plenty of fresh air to extract the O2 from.

Not good to breathe the machine's exhaust air after the machine has taken the O2 out of it and put ozone (or whatever it is) into its exhaust.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

(06-02-2014, 11:09 PM)jhoeger Wrote: ... so it's going to take another couple of weeks to find out if an oxygen concentrator will be required for sleeping. Just another "noise making machine" making it even more fun to sleep in the same room with me.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
We are seriously considering getting me an adjustable bed as sleeping on my back is the most comfortable but my AHI goes too high. Propping me up on pillows is difficult.

There's also some really good wedge pillow systems out there now. I recently saw one for wide people that was awesome. A little pricey but we are going to try that first. It had the wedge for the upper body then another for the knees then another to keep the feet aligned. And was wide enough the elbows had support and the knees didn't need to be tied together to keep them propped up. Check out some arthritis sites that have bed stuff. I think that's where I saw that one. if I find it again, I'll send you the link or post the name of it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Right folks, it's been over a week now that I have been using the F10 mask and it's not working out for me. My clinician had the S9 set at 6-20 and at that level I simply cannot prevent the leaks around the bridge of my nose! And no, mine is not a hooter of any significance! I've synched up the straps until it became uncomfortable and then eased off slightly my AHI has in fact risen to 11.6 last night, when it was a low of 4.3 five days ago.
I am going to lower the max down to 18 tonight to see if that helps. If there is no improvement then I'm afraid it's for returning and exchange.
It's a pity really, as I like the design and it's lightness, but if it doesn't do the job for me then I'm afraid it's time to go elsewhere.
It wold seem that mask selection is a very personal thing and from what I've read it takes a lot of trial and error to find the perfect fit. I'm sure that others will find it the perfect fit when they try it out.
Pity really. I had high hopes for the F10, but there you are, no happy ending in this case.Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Raypat, it's not so much the maximum being set at 20 as it is how high does the machine go? In other words, what is your average/95% pressure? Just dropping your pressure to 18 probably won't make any difference.

Are you reviewing your stats with the Sleepyhead software? You need to do that.

As to the leaks, I suspect you've tried a mask liner, such as Remzzz? They help a lot. I used one called "Pad-a-cheek" with my Quattro Air and it helped. That same one would work on the F10.

But in the end, after giving everything a fair trial, sometimes you just have to move on to something else.

Good job trying!
Post Reply Post Reply
RayPat,
The suggestion about mask liners is worth trying before you give up on the F10, which is what I'm using now. I started CPAP in Feb 2014, using the Quattro Air, and couldn't control the leaks, though everything else about it was wonderful, the fit was pefect, etc. About a month ago I tried the F10 - I like it much better than the Air, because it doesn't have the forehead arm that headgear goes onto. I feel so free with the F10, not having that strap that goes around the top of head. I still need to use mask liners with the F10, and I find I have better control of the leaks than I did with the Air. Both the Air and the F10 use the same cushions, so I kept the Air to have as a backup to the F10.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2014, 06:06 PM)DNB128 Wrote: RayPat,
The suggestion about mask liners is worth trying before you give up on the F10, which is what I'm using now. I started CPAP in Feb 2014, using the Quattro Air, and couldn't control the leaks, though everything else about it was wonderful, the fit was perfect, etc. About a month ago I tried the F10

OK, seems I'm still on the learning curve here. I wasn't aware that such things as mask liners were available, so lets find out a bit more on the subject then! I had a look around on the web and it appears that there are or were two product names that crop up, namely, Reszzz and Quietus, although it seems that the manufactures of Quietus have folded and the product is not going to be around anymore!
The Reszzz liners are a use once item and cannot be laundered after use
So saying, are there any other 'liners' out there specifically designed to assist with sealing air-leaks.
I am really quite happy with the over all design and lightness of the ResMed F10 and am reluctant to change over to something more bulky! So..any assistance regarding liners etc would be greatly appreciated. Shy
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2014, 12:44 AM)Raypat Wrote: The Reszzz liners are a use once item and cannot be laundered after use
So saying, are there any other 'liners' out there specifically designed to assist with sealing air-leaks.

Hi Raypat,

I use the RemZzz liners which work well on the F10 and ResMed Quattro FX.

The liner helps to lower leaks and completely stop mask flapping/burping.

I use RemZzz about 2 or 3 days until they get too stretched out to use. (I do NOT follow RemZzz official instructions that say to pull on and stretch the liner after the mask has been strapped on.)

When I get around to it I plan to buy some material to make my own mask liners, using RemZzz liner as a template, and using a better material which will hold its shape better and can be washed and used for a month or longer. There is a thread earlier this year which you can search for, which suggests a good type of material to use when making your own mask liners.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,976 1 hour ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,123 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.