Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirFit F20 issues
Resmed AirFit F20 issues
Hey guys,  does anyone have any problems with itchyness under the mask with the AirFit F20 mask?
I do like the mask, but I find it gets itchy under there quite often.  I seem to wake up quite a bit because of that.  Itchy nose, etc.
Not sure if there is a reason.  Maybe its warmer in there?  Causes itchiness or something.
Annoying though.  I find it looks like my AHI seems to go up when I am awake and me waking up because of that causes my number to not be as low as I would expect.
Thanks.

Roger
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit F20 issues
Hi rogerncormier74,

Yes I have the itchy nose maybe 2 x per week when using the AirFit F20, but IMO my occasional itchy nose is probably not mask related.

As I understand it, activity that's recorded on the machine, either while awake or in the waking stage, is probably not as accurate as any actual sleep activity. I say this because our natural breathing patterns can vary quite dramatically when comparing the aspects of awakened versus the sleeping segments.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the AirFit  F20 for almost a year and have never had any itchiness. To be clear, are you sung the mask with the silicone seal or the AirTouch F20 with the memory foam?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I figured that was right about the readings not as accurate when awake.  A person almost needs to keep track of the awake times and ignore those, lol.

Melman, I am using the Airfit F20 with Silicone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have a big problem with the mask, I came from different one and had zero problems.  In order to use the F20 I have to use a liner.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does the liner give you Hojo? 
And where did you get it?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2018, 03:19 PM)Hojo Wrote: Yes, I have a big problem with the mask, I came from different one and had zero problems.  In order to use the F20 I have to use a liner.

Just like lots of other things, YMMV. I found the F20 AirFit Silicone was best for me.

(02-12-2018, 04:56 PM)rogerncormier74 Wrote: What does the liner give you Hojo? 
And where did you get it?
Thanks.

One place you can try is the supplier list at the top of the Apnea Board, with Supplier #1 as an example. As I understand it, these liners are like a bandaid-like (see following post by kiwii for better description) that adds a layer of cushion between your mask and face.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you talking about the RemZzz's liners, Dave?

If so, I've used them and like them quite well. They are like very thin t-shirt material. It says that they are disposable, but I just gently hand wash them and they are perfectly re-usable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes but not directly. They happened to come up first on supplier site list.

And your informed description shall replace my own, as I was mistaken on that product. Thanks for the correction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up a liner from my DME that I think came from ReseMed, it is very thin, must be taped in place or else it is like trying to herd cats.

I then picked up Silent Night liner that already has tape in place and is thicker than the ResMed liner, and it is much thicker than a t-shirt.  I like it better than the t-shirt that I cut up and I'm going to look for a thicker fabric at the store to try.

My first FFM was the MIrage Quattro and I did not have a bit of problem with the material, the F20 is much different and my face turns very red from the silicone and I can not wear it without a liner, period.  I will say that the F20 provided me with a much better seal so I was happy until I looked into the mirror.  With the liner, I get a small leak but nothing bad so I'm happy with the liner.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,456 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 85 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,783 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 128 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 194 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 237 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.