Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirFit F30 FFM
RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM
To OP - I wonder if the F30i (the model with hose over head) may work for you. Can't think if a good reason why -- but then again -- may be worth a shot. My mother used to say "if something doesn't work for you, try something else."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I am going to try the F30i. I'm due new supplies in a month or so. I can switch back & forth when it comes to masks w/o any problem.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
After many years with the Mirage Quattro Pro, I tried the F30 this year. I have a short beard and moustache, so was apprehensive. The F30 turned out to be a very good choice. But like all masks, they fit great sitting up with no hose attached
I get annoyed with leaks they are all due to body movements/head position. Body movement creates even slight changes in hose position. It is a big lever applying force on a very delicate seal surface. I have procrastinated about making or buying a pre-made hose support - recently reviewed. 
I also wonder if our brain is in a different sleep mode if we are awakened than when we first go to sleep. If a mask leak (ie external noise) causes us to awaken after a short period of sleep do we awake in an alert mode? We are not relaxed, the brain is quite alert, a bit of adrenalin? Makes it hard to relax and drift off again. 
The mask is only one of many parts in this puzzle.

Don
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2021, 09:04 AM)theunk Wrote: But like all masks, they fit great sitting up with no hose attached
Agreed.  When I first got cpap, I tried on a couple of masks at the DME .. sitting reclined in a chair.  At home, in a bed, it was of course a different situation. I ended up changing to an F30 and it's worked very well for me.
When fiddling with strap interrelationships and overall tightness of seal, it's important to "relax" facial muscles (its harder than it sounds) and of course try different head and hose positions.  
People with higher pressures have a harder time with this, trying to balance comfort with leakiness.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,957 9 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,122 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.