Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirFit N20 vs P10
Resmed AirFit N20 vs P10
Am new to CPAP therapy, just started last week. I understand there are many pros and cons, my question is specific to these 2 items.. 

1) Which one has higher potential to get dislodged and cause leak when we toss and turn in our sleep. I expect P10 is safer than N20 in this regard, want to see what the experience is.. 

2) When I wear the N20 I can feel a significant flow through the elbow vent whereas with P10 I can barely feel any flow through the vent. This is with Resmed Airsense 10, when it starts up at 4 cm pressure. Am wearing the mask ofcourse and the fit is good in both cases. Anyone felt this ? If so what does it mean, 

Looking at the 2 vents, it does look like N20 vent is more porous than P10's
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit N20 vs P10
That more porous vent on the N20 is going to be a lot more noisy and will blow on you or the person you sleep with with a noticeable sound and force. Not to be too personal, but both my wife and I use the P10 and closeness is not an issue. If you're very active the P10 can slip off your head, but in time you will learn to make adjustments. I'd look at the P30 before going to the nasal mask P20.

Let's talk about your minimum pressure of 4.0. Who thought that was a good idea? Using EPR?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, 
I didnt realize that N20 is going to be noisy through the nite...  anyway you reply does suggest that P30 & N20 is better for mask to remain in place. At this time my problem with P10 mask is - it is scraping my skin... Will try some adjustments to see if this goes away...

Re my CPAP pressure

My CPAP study came back with 95 percentile 10 cm pressure. Dr wanted me to go with fixed CPAP @ 10. But I wanted to be conservative and asked for auto CPAP, min set to 4 and max set to 10. ERP is not mentioned in my prescription. Pl let me know your suggestion in this regard as well..
Post Reply Post Reply
arunjb Welcome to the forum.
If you could post a daily chart from Oscar it will help the good people here to tune your settings for the best results.
If you follow the links in Sleepriders signature that will help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2020, 04:14 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: arunjb Welcome to the forum.
If you could post a daily chart from Oscar it will help the good people here to tune your settings for the best results.
If you follow the links in Sleepriders signature that will help.

Will do, I havent downloaded OSCAR yet and I need to get a sd card reader too.. 
Hoping to do it this weekend.. 
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Arunjb, if you were titrated for CPAP at 10, then my preference would be to use a narrower range of pressure than 4-10 to treat. I think a pressure range of 7-10 would be better, and possibly increase the maximum pressure range to 12 if using EPR. The CPAP will only go as high as needed to treat flow restriction, so if you don't need the higher pressure, you won't get it.

I don't understand how the P10 mask is scraping your skin. the mask is held in place by a single split strap that covers all the plastic that might scrape. Pad-A-Cheek sells a padding kit that can make that even softer. Perhaps you can explain the problem better?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2020, 07:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Arunjb, if you were titrated for CPAP at 10, then my preference would be to use a narrower range of pressure than 4-10 to treat. I think a pressure range of 7-10 would be better, and possibly increase the maximum pressure range to 12 if using EPR.  The CPAP will only go as high as needed to treat flow restriction, so if you don't need the higher pressure, you won't get it.  

I don't understand how the P10 mask is scraping your skin.  the mask is held in place by a single split strap that covers all the plastic that might scrape.  Pad-A-Cheek sells a padding kit that can make that even softer. Perhaps you can explain the problem better?

@sleeprider, the very first day I tried the pillows, i didnt tighten the straps, pillows got dislodged and woke up my wife :-(. So the next few days I had it very tight and the pillows were really pushing up against my pillows. This is what was scraping my nostril skin. Then I loosened it a bit and this problem has gone away. And my leak rates have been quite low, 95% is always below 10.. So this is resolved..
Post Reply Post Reply
When I tried the P10 with ramp up at 4, I felt like I wasn't getting enough fresh air coming in. I think you might feel better starting higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2020, 02:26 PM)arunjb Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 07:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Arunjb, if you were titrated for CPAP at 10, then my preference would be to use a narrower range of pressure than 4-10 to treat. I think a pressure range of 7-10 would be better, and possibly increase the maximum pressure range to 12 if using EPR.  The CPAP will only go as high as needed to treat flow restriction, so if you don't need the higher pressure, you won't get it.  

I don't understand how the P10 mask is scraping your skin.  the mask is held in place by a single split strap that covers all the plastic that might scrape.  Pad-A-Cheek sells a padding kit that can make that even softer. Perhaps you can explain the problem better?

@sleeprider, the very first day I tried the pillows, i didnt tighten the straps, pillows got dislodged and woke up my wife :-(. So the next few days I had it very tight and the pillows were really pushing up against my pillows. This is what was scraping my nostril skin. Then I loosened it a bit and this problem has gone away. And my leak rates have been quite low, 95% is always below 10.. So this is resolved..

I meant to say "pillows were pushing up against my nostrils"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 9 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,122 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.