Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New User - Mask Seal Error
New User - Mask Seal Error
Hi. I have been using the AirSense 10 CPAP machine for the last five days. Today I took the time to clean it as instructed. In order to get the water droplets out the tubing, I hooked the tubes up to the machine and switched it on for five minutes, giving a mask seal error. This is understandable. Then I joined the tubing to the headgear and switched the machine on again but the mask seal error was still present.

I check the tubing for any air leakage and the mask but I could feel nothing. I even changed the headgear, as I have two by coincidence, but the problem still persists. By looking at the forums, I saw that the machine resets once a day. Therefore, I was wondering if the mask seal error resets with every cycle. 

I would appreciate any help on the matter, as I do not want to damage the machine. By trying it on for a couple of minutes, to me it seems that everything is normal. 

PS: I do not have any software reader and have not looked at it, so I cannot provide any graphs. I saw that some people on the forum request for this.

Thanks in advance for reading and for potential helpful remarks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User - Mask Seal Error
Did you have the mask on when connected to the tube? If you run it without wearing the mask it will throw an error
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. It was not connected. After using it for the whole night, the mask seal turned green. So I’m assuming that the status will be red depending on the percentage duration of when I used it without the mask and that when I was testing it to get it green again, it was only a couple of minutes.

The issue seems to be fixed now. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have it green after use but red intermitantly that would seem to indicate either large leaks or an incorrect mask type setting. Which specific mask type to you have? Common starter masks are the P10 (nose plugs), F20 (full over the hose and mouth, top at the bridge of the nose), and N20 (just over the nose)? If you can't tell it is printed on the mask strap for most masks. Or post a picture of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked the machine once more and it shows green. The mask that I use is an N20 and with the mask fit program, it shows that it is green. Slight irritation with the mask but fits well. Seeing as the mask seal is giving green now, I would chalk the red error I saw to simply running the machine without it being connected to the mask. 

However, more comments in this regard would be helpful and welcome. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Error reporting is realtime (no "precentage calculations", etc.).
Still huffing on the magic machine. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I see. Thanks. When I run the machine now, there are no errors so everything seems ok.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone? S.L. Ping Beauty 9 1,455 04-11-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: kalensk
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,262 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 378 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 232 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 306 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 935 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 365 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.