Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airfit P10
ResMed Airfit P10
Hi, Everyone:
I just did my regular mask replacement. I've been using the Swift FX since I joined the land of Apnea a couple of years ago.
The saleswoman suggested I try the Airfit P10. It felt comfortable, but I realized over the next couple of days something was wrong. I thought I was experiencing high blood pressure, but my doctor said it was fine. It seemed as if I was under major stress. Then I remembered waking up a couple of times breathing extremely deeply, which is unusual for me. I went back to the Swift FX and everything was fine.
Any thoughts? Could it be a simple case of bumping the pressure on the P10? I'm currently set at 10.
All suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Cheers,
Scott
Meet you in the land of nod
- Johnny Mercer
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airfit P10
If related to the mask at all, I think you might want to try the next size larger pillows. If you're using a medium, try a large. It just sounds like you are feeling that you are not getting adequate air flow. If the pillow is a tad smaller than it should be for you, your nosie might be constricting it a bit causing the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Swift FX pillows seem to have a little larger opening than the P10. I found I had to go from a medium to a large when I got the P10. The mask should come with 3 sizes, you might want to try the larger size.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may also need to increase the EPR. I have found that some nasal pillows require a higher exhale relief that others. I thought it was the inhale I was having problems with but it was the exhale.

I had a similar problem with the P10 but had already experienced it with the Swift LT and just adjusted accordingly. I don't have that with the Nuance and was able to turn the EPR down.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I'm using the large pillows already, and wasn't aware that it was possible to alter just the exhale. I will go back to the drawing board.
Meet you in the land of nod
- Johnny Mercer
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 12:15 PM)Sleepyb Wrote: The Swift FX pillows seem to have a little larger opening than the P10. I found I had to go from a medium to a large when I got the P10. The mask should come with 3 sizes, you might want to try the larger size.
Hi Sleepyb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Hi Sleepyb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thanks! Its been great so far, I couldn't live without it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Sleepyb!
I am another that went from the Swift FX over to the P10 and couldn't be happier.
I hope once you fine tune whatever needs doing you will be as happy with the P10 as all of us other loyal P10 users are.
Good luck!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the medium and now that I"m using the large my breathing is so much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 08:29 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 12:15 PM)Sleepyb Wrote: The Swift FX pillows seem to have a little larger opening than the P10. I found I had to go from a medium to a large when I got the P10. The mask should come with 3 sizes, you might want to try the larger size.
Hi Sleepyb,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

I found the same thing. Use the medium with the Swift FX but large with the P10.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 8 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.