Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear full face mask setting for Airsense 10
RE: Dreamwear full face mask setting for Airsense 10
What hegel said meshes with my own experiences. When I was using the originally autoset function set at a max pressure of 20 I found that the machine was hitting noticeably higher pressures while using a full face mask. Once I switched to the nasal mask the average pressure dropped. It seems to makes sense that the reverse would also be true and that switching from a pillow mask to a full face mask would require a corresponding increase in pressure settings.

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2021, 08:30 PM)cberistain Wrote: I'm a new user switched from nasal pillow mask to resmed airfit F30i ... airsense 11 set at 4 min 16 max.. at around 11, the mask would lift off and create large leaks .. I cut  the  max pressure to 10 and the max leaks went to a very low level .. as all the parameters that oscar displays.

hmmm, I've only used the new FFM 4 nights and for 3 of those my leak rate did go up when my pressure was maxed at 16. But one night when the pressure was maxed at 16 for about an hour my leak rate was basically zero. Go figure. I'm so confused about using this new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2021, 04:40 PM)MikeE3 Wrote: If you mean FFM medium or small cushion I get it.

But if you mean FFM vs Pillow mask, the decision is more complicated than which is more comfortable. That's easy the Pillow mask is more comfortable. But when the same machine says my AHI is .8 with the pillow mask and 2 with the FFM which is right?

For 3+ years I've been thinking my AHI was 1 or less ... could that have been false all this time?

Last night was night #2 with the small FFM mask. OSCAR reported an AHI of 1.98 which was consistent with night #1 at 2.16. I still have the Airsense Mask Type set to Full Face. Although I did try readjusting the fit.

I did a bad job readjusting the fit. I had mask marks across my cheeks for 2 hours after I took the mask off. Cardinal sin - this certainly indicated I had it much too tight. So I readjusted again today and will see how it goes tonight.

My two observations.

1. My pressure is still hitting the max setting at time of 16. That never happened in 3 1/2 years with the pillow mask.
2. The water tank was almost completely empty. Typically I was only using 1/3 of the tank.

I have similar issues.  I want my AHI down too. After all why accept AHI=5? So I work hard to understand fit and such. My AHI is higher than I want right now. Same machine.
So...something has changed. When I come here with screen shots and concern I'm asked "how do I feel". So I'm focusing on that now.
I think masks are like shoes (when I was a runner).  Shoes look fine, but I've worn them a while and my knee hurts.  So I would buy new ones; exactly the same. I wouldn't buy different shoes, because the ones I had worked!

So the AHI is right for the time and the conditions.  How did you feel?  
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,579 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.