Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset. Machine/SD Card data mismatch
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset. Machine/SD Card data mismatch
Joined the forum a year and a half ago to download the Encore software. My pulmonologist office no longer had the equipment to read my compliance card. I'd gone from private pay insurance to Medicare after being disabled. My original sleep study had been lost so Medicare wouldn't pay for a replacement without a new sleep study. Since I wasn't ready to replace my machine yet, I took care of the card reader and software, supplying my doctor with the reports for the last two years Well, I had a new baseline sleep study several weeks ago found 95 AHI and RDI 96. So, there was no question about my need for treatment. So, i replaced my 10-12 year old Respironics M 200 with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset on November 17, 2015.

I may be disabled, but I haven't forgotten the lessons learned during a 20 plus year career in computer and network support. So, the first thing I do with new equipment like a CPAP machine is to double-check the settings before I use it. In this instance, my new machine showed the incorrect time. I used the forum to download the technician's manual so I could open up the settings and correct it. I found that the DME provider forgot to erase the SD card before setting the date. So I erased the card and set the time. I also changed the machine from CPAP 14 to Auto, setting the boundaries from 14-18, assuming my "titrated" setting should be the lower bound. I did all of this before using the new machine for the first time. Interestingly, I've found the machine auto-titrating to 16.3 several times. So it seems the autoset is doing what it's supposed to.

All has gone well with the new machine until today, (November 25, 2015) which is day eight of use. I pulled out the SD card to read it with Sleepyhead and Rescan just for giggles. Both show the last day of usage as November 19, day 2 with the new machine. Yet the machine's built-in diagnostics correctly shows eight days of use. My first thought is to erase the SD card (again) and start over. Anyone have any better suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset. Machine/SD Card data mismatch
Welcome

Did you accidentally engage the lock on the SD card?

[Image: sd-lock.png]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2015, 04:18 PM)pnman-55 Wrote: I found that the DME provider forgot to erase the SD card before setting the date. So I erased the card and set the time.
You don't need to erase the data, unless they gave you a used machine
Did you also check the date is correct too?
Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
The machine don't accept locked card and refuse to start with locked card, she ask you to remove and unlock the SD card
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine will give you an error message if inserting a locked SD Card. The machine was new because I watched the tech unbox and set it up. And I said I checked the settings, which would imply checking everything, including date and time. And please note that the SD card successfully recorded from acquisition on November 17 to November 19, a total of two days, only missing the last six days. And there were no configuration changes made during that time. For whatever reason, the machine continued to correctly record all eight days of actual service. It also appears to transmit each day's data to the the Resmed cloud via cell net. MyAir is out as a transmission validation tool. I could only stomach the cloying cheerleading for one visit before asking Resmed tech support to delete the MyAir account. To summarize: SD card stopped recording two days after a full initialization, and proper setup of date and time fields but the machine continues to record internally and apparently transmits daily data.
Post Reply Post Reply
As the same problem with both ResScan and SleepyHead, I can only guess that the SD card wasn't inserted correctly in the machine or corrupt SD card. Because if you stick a brand new card in the machine, the machine write therapy and summary data up to 365 days on the card and you can see this data on ResScan but not detailed data graphs as detailed data written directly on the card and the card need to be inside the machine while using it. If not mistaken, Sleephead doesn't show any data if detailed data not recorded on the SD card

If you don't need data transfer, put the machine in 'airplane mode', the machine will keep reminding you, every time the machine turned on/off

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. I think I found the problem. I tried to look at the data one more time. When I returned the card to the machine, I saw an acknowledgement of card insertion on the screen--which I didn't remember seeing before. When I looked at the data the next morning, everything was there. So I suspect I hadn't inserted the card fully into the machine.

By the way, I tend to be a little irritable sometimes. (Sleep deprivation, anyone?) That may have shown through my response to the answers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2015, 08:56 PM)pnman-55 Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I think I found the problem. I tried to look at the data one more time. When I returned the card to the machine, I saw an acknowledgement of card insertion on the screen--which I didn't remember seeing before. When I looked at the data the next morning, everything was there. So I suspect I hadn't inserted the card fully into the machine.

By the way, I tend to be a little irritable sometimes. (Sleep deprivation, anyone?) That may have shown through my response to the answers.
When you're sleep deprived, all sorts of things can happen
Many times, I forget to take the card out from the computer and put back in the machine

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 108 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 762 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,283 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.