Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature
Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature
Does anyone know what the surface temperature of the heater plate should be after the AirSense 10 completes the warmup cycle?

The User Guide specifications says that the maximum heater plate temperature is 154F. Does this mean that after the warmup cycle is completed that the heater plate should be at 154F?

Mine is showing 95F at the end of the cycle which seems on the low side.

Any comments, feedback is appreciated.

Thanks to all who respond.

Jerry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature
Welcome to Apnea Board.
I myself do not know the specifics of the temperature, but remember you have humidifier controls of output of 1-8 and a manual or auto mode, both of which modify that heat output.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave. 

Yes, I'm aware of the settings. I'm having a problem with the humidifier on my brand new AirSense 10 and I think its related to  the heater plate not getting hot enough.

My thought was that if the heater plate reached 154F at the end of the warm up cycle this would indicate that the heating element was working normally. 

I'll play with the setting and give it another couple nights If there's no improvement the unit goes back to the vendor.

I've done a pretty thorough search of this board and I can see that there are a lot of complaints about humidity on the AirSense 10. Of course,  this has to be balanced with the fact that ResMed is the leading vendor and there are a significant number of users on the board who have ResMed machines. 

I also want to add that this board is an enormously helpful resource to users like myself. So, my sincere thanks to all of the moderators and contributors for their hard work in helping to create and sustain this remarkable online community.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The degree of heating for the humidifier tank will only be enough to achieve the humidity setting of the unit.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's right, Crimson, assuming the unit is working correctly. 

I'll still be interested to see if any members here have the answer to my original question.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2020, 11:51 PM)JerryK Wrote: That's right, Crimson, assuming the unit is working correctly. 

I'll still be interested to see if any members here have the answer to my original question.

So there was no resolution to the OP's issue?

I haven't been able to find any help online or browsing this forum for the same issue. My Airsense 10 heater plate is just lightly warm on back of hand, not at all warm/hot.

No errors (red sad face) and Warmup completes okay. As I understand it, if the heater plate is malfunctioning or the heater fuse has blown, there should be a red sad face error under humidifier.....?

So do we replace the heater plate? I do not have a warranty or insurance support because the doctor has been less-than dutiful.
Water in tank does not go down like it did before - half tank a night (humidification level 4). Now it's just evaporation of a millimeter or two.

Hoping a knowledgeable person can respond - and not with the obvious, as quoted by Crimson.

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
You state, "Water in tank does not go down like it did before". Before when? During the dry winter months, or last week?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How long have you had this particular PAP? Are there ongoing DME rental fees? I don't recall the particulars, but there's something about insurance rentals increasing warranty coverage.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 01:46 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You state, "Water in tank does not go down like it did before".  Before when?  During the dry winter months, or last week?

Since I've had the machine for a year-and a-half. There was an odd smell in the tube for a bit - not a burning smell or anything recognizable - that clears in a few seconds. Perhaps something is blown...? But the water in the tank used to drop to about half the first night and almost to the bottom line by the second night. Now it barely moves.

I'm in California where it's very dry. Shouldn't the tank evaporate faster than in a humid location? Thanks for the quick response.
Post Reply Post Reply
It should drop faster in an arid climate. I'm trying to think of simple ways to check it. Have you tried turning up the settings, just to see if rainout will occur? Also, you are not the first to bring this subject up.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,714 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 794 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.