Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature
(06-19-2021, 02:09 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It should drop faster in an arid climate.   I'm trying to think of simple ways to check it.  Have you tried turning up the settings, just to see if rainout will occur?  Also, you are not the first to bring this subject up.

- Red

I have not upped the settings. I will do so. My test was to pre-heat (Warmup) and touch the hot plate after about a minute+ - nothing. Just slightly warm.

I've never had rainout at various levels. I think 6 is the highest I've been, but was too suffocating. I'll up the settings and test and may check the fuse later - although I'm pretty sure the fuse is intact given that there's a tiny hint of warming.

Thank you again for your responses. Hoping everyone gets their devices sorted.

PS: The device is not mine - I'm still praying I'll find a responsible Dr. who will file claim with my insurance. So I can't 'modify' or repair the device just yet.

Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Me, I'd take it upon self to contact insurance and DME. Tell them you're PAPs humidifier hotplate is malfunctioning, if it in fact is.

Most doctors are done with us after sending us to very expensive tests, scripting the PAP, and the face to face. I don't think your doc is doing any communication for your malfunctioning PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 05:08 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Me, I'd take it upon self to contact insurance and DME. Tell them you're PAPs humidifier hotplate is malfunctioning, if it in fact is.

Most doctors are done with us after sending us to very expensive tests, scripting the PAP, and the face to face. I don't think your doc is doing any communication for your malfunctioning PAP.

My doctor isn't doing a darn thing! He roped me into the idea of getting a PAP since I've had apnea all my life. I did the sleep study (through his office) and then he never contacted my insurance. I didn't find out until I had problems with the mask and couldn't get ahold of the Dr because his office is so irresponsible (longer story) Insurance told me there's nothing they can do because there wasn't a claim. I then had to see his partner who said we must do the 3 month qualifying run again... and after successfully completing that he acted surprised I wasn't covered by insurance! Because THEY hadn't even filed a claim! Then said I had to do the sleep test again and insurance likely won't cover me. Just pathetic.

The only reason I still have the machine is because the 'agent' claimed he 'took care of it' and I won't be billed personally 'if I keep using it'... which I'm doing, but still can't get the doctor to do the right thing. I'm pretty sure I'll receive a horrendous bill for the cost of the device and the cell phone service used for updates (they wouldn't let me use my own wireless network)

I've been buying my own replacements.

I feel bamboozled.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW when the time is right, I'd fire that incompetent Dr. Dolittle and sidekick Dr. McQuack.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 05:24 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: FWIW when the time is right, I'd fire that incompetent Dr. Dolittle and sidekick Dr. McQuack.

The were fired - but haven't been able to find another Dr. My primary considers them excellent pulmonologists so implored me to return for help when I had bad COVID. However, they managed to botch that request (for xray) also. When she finally (and reluctantly) referred me to two other Drs. she recommended, turns out they are in the 'same office!' So I ditched them and my primary and asked the agent what to do. He says I can find/use another Dr. ....but he can't/won't help me with that nor have I managed to find a Dr. who will take me.

Albeit it I've been somewhat lazy on this move. But decided it was time to join a forum and ask actual users and sales folk what their recommendations are. The Drs (I've encountered) seem less than on the level.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your primary is considered competent why not ask them to control your Apnea.

And if even that doc's not competent, call your insurance customer service. Ask them who's in-network for the different doctors. Gather a list of several nearby and call them to get a good feel on which may support your medical needs. Pick what you feel is best from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 05:38 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: If your primary is considered competent why not ask them to control your Apnea.

And if even that doc's not competent, call your insurance customer service. Ask them who's in-network for the different doctors. Gather a list of several nearby and call them to get a good feel on which may support your medical needs. Pick what you feel is best from there.

I do appreciate your suggestions. My primary refuses as she's not qualified (her claim). My insurance is happy to give suggestions from their list but their list isn't updated so many doctors called don't take my insurance. I do need to get off my arse and make more of an effort. I just got used to ignoring the situation after going through so much with them. The COVID issue was the last straw - I was scared to death with lung problems for months and they still failed me.

Thanks again. I'll hit the phones on Monday. ??

Note: tried upping the humidifier settings to max (8) and plate still just slightly warm (84F). Shucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, did you try manual mode versus Auto on the humidifier settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2021, 07:07 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK, did you try manual mode versus Auto on the humidifier settings?

I don't have access to that menu item because it's controlled by the agent/Apria.
Post Reply Post Reply
Push and hold both Home and the control Dial in together for about 5 seconds. You're now in the Clinical Menu. Change things yourself as the incompetent Dr. Quack isn't doing a thing for you.

Also get your machine manual above in the top black banner "CPAP Setup Manual". You need to search for your exact machine, the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, according to your left panel user data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 524 42 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,869 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 798 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,646 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,850 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 232 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.