Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 elie vs AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ for Her
Resmed AirSense 10 elie vs AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ for Her
Hi

About to but a new machine. I notice some on this  board opt for the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ for Her Is there any advantage for a chap to buy this machine?
Is there a big difference in the two?
Thanks
Bob 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 elie vs AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ for Her
Bob I live in Ontario Canada. My sleep docs have never approved an auto pap because it's not approved by the guvmint for my sleep apnea. (Not every province is the same. BC would approve)

So by some miracle the *for her* version was registered as a cpap machine.

I finally got one after 30 years of use....

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
The AirSense 10 Elite is a fixed pressure machine which records all therapy data.
The AirSense 10 CPAP is a fixed pressure machine which only records statistical data (DO NOT ACCEPT!).
The AirSense 10 Autoset and Autoset for Her are auto-adjusting machines which record full therapy data. The Autoset for Her has an additional gentler setting which presumably is better for some women (and some men).

Either Autoset model is a good choice.

In Ontario, the Autoset for Her is priced the same as the CPAP and Elite, but we don't look a gift horse...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my 2 cents… this is a machine that you will use EVERY night for anywhere form 5 to 9 years.  The diffence in cost (if any) is less than pennies a day. I would buy the best machine period. That would be the AUTOSET.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Note Phil that per the documents to posted the other day all of these are the same price, Including the AS11 AutoSet which includes the for her mode.
Additional mode provide for flexibility.  and many men in fact do use the "for her" modes.

I believe that the For Her model is still considered a CPAP by Ontario Med and as such for Ontario Residents residents becomes the preferred model.

IMHO all the AutoSets are excellent machines with little difference between them.
Post Reply Post Reply
In Ontario the only way I can get a machine with government subsidy is with a prescription.

Going back a year and a half....I had been out of Doctor's care for about 5 years. My Sleep Doc (from *ell) had retired. I hadn't had a sleep study for 10 years. He would have prescribed *a brick*. He did that once for me.

I drive a lot for work. My concern was that if anything happened--a crash--I would have insurance problems and they would be huge. I fired my family doc--a quack. I set out and finally found a good family doc. That was really hard to do. There are waiting lists for family docs here in the Toronto area.

My new sleep doc required a sleep study. No problem...and it was ok. In essence they took my diagnosis from way-back (over 30 years) as proof I had severe sleep apnea.
I got a prescription and discussed getting an apap. It wasn't allowed. cpap and pressure was all he would give me. I showed him my SleepyHead record. He was interested.

I got my brand new sleep doc to write a prescription for my DME supplier. I had done business with them for years. I bought the S10 for her from my DME supplier, and they set it up as a cpap as they were required to do.

I"ve tried buying from US suppliers. No luck. They insist (or did then) that they have a prescription from a US doc. That truly concerns me. If I travel in the US and my cpap is destroyed, I'll have to cut short my travels to get a replacement cpap machine. I'll have to return to Canada to do that.

Someone here helped me so much identifying that the ResMed for her is actually registered as a cpap in Ontario. It's not cost. I'm not allowed one in Ontario Canada with my diagnosis of severe sleep apnea.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 494 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,847 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,453 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.