Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What is the least a person's SpO2 can fluctuate during REM?
What is the least a person's SpO2 can fluctuate during REM?
When I use a CMS-50F pulse oximeter to measure my SpO2 overnight, I get the same pattern every time: the first half of the night is very steady, and the second half of the night is much more "noisy."

I understand that if a person has sleep apnea, muscle atonia during REM sleep can cause apneas, which would explain why their SpO2 drops further and more frequently during the second half of the night. I don't think I have sleep apnea, but I sometimes wonder whether I might have more mild breathing problems.

My question is this: What is the least a person's SpO2 can fluctuate during REM? In other words, what does SpO2 look like for a person who is 100% free of all sleep-related breathing problems (apnea, UARS, etc.)?

[Image: 9Sgcf52.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What is the least a person's SpO2 can fluctuate during REM?
For a person that is 100% free of all sleep related breathing problems? Does that exist?

You may be asking the wrong group Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 13 314 04-16-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RichardW
Question [Equipment] How does the CSV extract from Wellue SpO2 ring look like? Ayush Shrivastava 2 150 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Ayush Shrivastava
  Going it alone-help me with my settings and SpO2 desats Papgirl 4 254 03-31-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 532 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 883 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 754 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 273 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.