Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10, humidifier discoloring on bottom?
Resmed AirSense 10, humidifier discoloring on bottom?
Anyone have this issue? Brand new machine, and using only distilled water.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirSense 10, humidifier discoloring on bottom?
More details. Is it a film you can remove, or plastic changing color? Have you run it dry? Put it in a dishwasher? Explain your care routine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2016, 06:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: More details. Is it a film you can remove, or plastic changing color? Have you run it dry? Put it in a dishwasher? Explain your care routine.

Machine is about 2 months old. Distilled water only, a discoloration on the buttom of the tank. Haven't run it dry I don't think. Have never put in dishwasher. I thought i read a post a while ago that said resmed had an issue with this, and now can't find it.

EDIT, found the other post:

[link to commercial DME forum removed]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it the metal where the water goes in? Or is it underneath?

Do you empty the tank out everyday or top it up?

Post Reply Post Reply
Pix would help. I've had mine for more than a year, and never had a bit of discoloration.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2016, 11:00 AM)Jim Bronson Wrote: Pix would help. I've had mine for more than a year, and never had a bit of discoloration.

Here. I usually top off every day with new distilled water.

Pic below
http://s28.postimg.org/fkxa60n4t/image.jpg

To see the 10 page post about this issue, go here and click the FIRST result:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...20discolor
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, clicking on first article brings us right back here.

Your pic looks like a burn mark.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe she meant http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...humidifier although it is only 3 pages of comments... I seem to remember others complaining about this
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Jackie, this looks like the kind of discoloration that occurs with "tempering", which is moderate heating of metal. It indicates the metal plate got hot enough to cause the discoloration. This can occur most often when the tank is dry and the heater is on. The discoloration is harmless and is small enough I wouldn't worry about it. If it increases in size, you might want to ask your DME to have the humidifier thermostat that regulates the heat element under the humidifier container checked. Temperatures that metal has been exposed to can be estimated by the tempering color: See image below.

[Image: steel_tempering_colour_chart.png]

[Image: image.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jackie1,
Have you tried to get the tank replaced? That is what I would do. If your DME is not helpful, call ResMed and see what they say about it.

It may also be a defect with machine itself. Worth checking into.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 11 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,588 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.