Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 = junk?
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 = junk?
(01-15-2015, 03:34 AM)Sweet72947 Wrote: It stopped shutting off, but it only ramps up to 4.0 and just sits there. I went into the clinical settings and while I'm able to adjust the pressure if I want, some options are still shaded out, such as the ramp time and start pressure. The start pressure is set to 4.0. Before I swapped the machine, it ramped all the way up to 8. Why would this one be set to start at 4, and why in the clinical settings menu would some options still be shaded out? I don't get it?

Probably because the DME didn't set the machine up before they gave it to you. Please read my previous post or take the machine back to the DME and get a brand new one and make sure it is set up according to your script.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 03:34 AM)Sweet72947 Wrote: It stopped shutting off, but it only ramps up to 4.0 and just sits there. I went into the clinical settings and while I'm able to adjust the pressure if I want, some options are still shaded out, such as the ramp time and start pressure. The start pressure is set to 4.0. Before I swapped the machine, it ramped all the way up to 8. Why would this one be set to start at 4, and why in the clinical settings menu would some options still be shaded out? I don't get it?

It sounds like the machine is set to CPAP mode and a pressure of 4. That certainly isn't factory default. I think what I would do is find the setting that "restores factory defaults," and do that. Then I would adjust ramp setting to suit my desires (in my case that would be "off") and the minimum pressure up a little to at least 6, and the max pressure down a bunch to say 12. Use the machine and see how it goes from there.

49 is not a lot of hours, but it does indicate it is not a new out of the box machine. Probably a demo, perhaps used for a short time by another patient. But not a new machine.

That said, it's not necessarily a bad thing to have 49 hours on it, but it should have been restored to factory default conditions.
Post Reply Post Reply

It doesn't sound like you are in clinical setup. The following is copied from a post All you wanted to know about the Resmed Airsense 10

To enter into the Clinical Setup, you need to be on the Home page and press the turn knob and the Home Button simultaneously for 5 seconds. Then it will show you the Clinical Menu. Press settings and you will be able to enter into the following sub-menus to adjust the settings:

THERAPY
Mode (CPAP or Auto set)
Max Pressure (4-20)
Min Pressure (4-20)
Mask (Pillow, FullFace or Nasal)

COMFORT
Ramp Time (Auto – 45 mins)
Start Pressure (From 4.0)
EPR (On or Off)
EPR Type (Ramp Only or Full Time)
EPR Level ( 1 – 3)
Climate Control (Auto or Manual)

ACCESSORIES
AB Filter (No or Yes)

OPTIONS
Essential (Plus or on)
Smart Start (On or Off)
Reminders (Mask, Water Tub, Tube and Filter)

CONFIGURATION
Language (English, French, Spanish or Portuguese)
Date (Day/Month/Year)
Time (Hours/Mins)
Pressure Unit (cmH2O or hPa)
Temperature Unit (Farenheight or Centigrade)
Restore Default (No or Yes)
Erase Data (No or Yes)
About (Device no and run hours, CX No, Humidifier No and Internal Modem Details such as Serial No, Provider, Type, Service and signal)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey your paying a lot of $$$ for this machine(or Insurance is) these machines carry a 2 yr warrantee, Keep changing them out til you have a good one.
The one I have is working great and is extremely quite (Knock on Wood hope I didn't jinx myself) anyway I haven't had trouble at all even the water tank looks new (no heat marks).
Wish you well!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2015, 01:53 AM)Sweet72947 Wrote: I go to plug it in at home and the port is extremely loose...like you barely touch the cord where it connects to the machine and comes out!

For the heated hose, you need to push it in firmly until it clicks. Once clicked in place, it won't come off without you pressing on the release tabs.

For the power connector, it should be very snug. If it feels loose it might have been damaged.
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said, insist on a new-out-of-the-box machine. The one they have was likely returned and maybe they hoped you wouldn't notice any problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Resmed autoset 10 is awesome. I have been using it for 2 months after using loaners for a while. Reliable and quiet and would recommend it to anyone. I do not use heat or humidity but I'm sure they would be as reliable as the machine itself so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2015, 06:01 PM)JohnnyH Wrote: My Resmed autoset 10 is awesome. I have been using it for 2 months after using loaners for a while. Reliable and quiet and would recommend it to anyone. I do not use heat or humidity but I'm sure they would be as reliable as the machine itself so far.

Unfortunately the heat and humidity functions of this machine are not wholly reliable and these defects have been discussed at length in other threads such as A10 malfunction. Sorry to bust your enthusiasm bubble for this machine but you aren't using all of its functions. With some expertise and knowledge the defects can be somewhat ameliorated.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I use just about every function available on my A10 autoset. So far, I haven't found anything to complain about. In use every day for just about six months, it has always worked as it is supposed to do.

I guess I am lucky. (Knock on wood.)

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
My two cents...

Perhaps I've been lucky, but my AirSense 10 went into service October 1st 2014, with no mechanical issues since, period.

[User error, like getting machine ready, putting on mask, climbing into bed, and being so tired from crazy day at work that I forgot to connect my hose to my mask Laugh-a-lot (which sorta defeats autostart Dielaughing ) is not covered by any warranty].

I also travel on business with my machine, which has survived many a TSA inspection not to mention bumps of travel plus teardown /rebuild and diconnection / connection cycles...

Speaking as an IT professional, any complex computer product line [which is what the ResMed machine is] will have a small percentage of failures during initial period of use, commonly called the burn-in period, with usually only minor issues after burn-in...

My advice would be to ensure you get a NEW replacement machine, ensure that you either get it set up properly [or even better, learn how to do this yourself, as you'll find that your needs/preferences may change over time] and only ramp up your blood pressure if the system failures repeat again.

The main players [ResMed & Respironics] both produce quality machines, but hey, there will be the occasional lemon.

Good luck, and inflict the best revenge by being disgustingly cheerful!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 454 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,808 5 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,616 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,184 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.