Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 questions
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 questions
Yes, there's an SD slot.  Whether yours will come supplied with an SD card is a toss-up.  

All Resmed A10 series have a built-in modem.  It is optionally used by your DME or doctor for compliance and therapy summary.  This  is a paid service and, if used, will end as soon as your compliance time period is over.  The modem is also used if you register your A10 with the MyAir program, otherwise it is just extra baggage.

As was said earlier, the "For Her" model is the Autoset with an additional therapy option.  It is also a different color than the normal AS10's, but they all look the same in the dark.

Here is a picture recognition of the AS10 series:
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have a dreamstaion auto cpap... I liked it pretty much and it's what I know but last night was my first time without it as there's a don't use it recommendation from Phillips as I'm sure you know. Mine was coming up on 5 yrs. And I don't have an Rx.

Yesterday I asked here what to do as no one would sell me one with an Rx. I don't know if you had one. They led me to Supplier #2 on their list. Here's link directly to their machines page. Second wind cpap. 

They have both 'gently' used and new. factory sealed, but open box items. They have the one you describe which is the one I got. Here is the link to the page where that specific machine is on. It's the New S10 AirSense AutoSet CPAP with EPR and HumidAir Heated Humidifier. It's $559. The one without the heated tube is $539. Good prices compared to other places it seems.

It's comparable to the ones both you and I are used to. You can't get it without the humidifier or modem though but you don't have to use either and can turn the humidifier off.

Also, in case you didn't know, the tube size is standard so you can use your phillips headgear with it. I asked. I have the little one that sits like a saddle under your nose. I want to keep it as it's great.

Too bad about Phillips. No longer any confidence in them as they lagged on letting us know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2021, 09:49 AM)DanGagner Wrote: I too have a dreamstaion auto cpap... I liked it pretty much and it's what I know but last night was my first time without it as there's a don't use it recommendation from Phillips as I'm sure you know. Mine was coming up on 5 yrs. And I don't have an Rx.

Yesterday I asked here what to do as no one would sell me one with an Rx. I don't know if you had one. They led me to Supplier #2 on their list. Here's link directly to their machines page. Second wind cpap. 

They have both 'gently' used and new. factory sealed, but open box items. They have the one you describe which is the one I got. Here is the link to the page where that specific machine is on. It's the New S10 AirSense AutoSet CPAP with EPR and HumidAir Heated Humidifier. It's $559. The one without the heated tube is $539. Good prices compared to other places it seems.

It's comparable to the ones both you and I are used to. You can't get it without the humidifier or modem though but you don't have to use either and can turn the humidifier off.

Also, in case you didn't know, the tube size is standard so you can use your phillips headgear with it. I asked. I have the little one that sits like a saddle under your nose. I want to keep it as it's great.

Too bad about Phillips. No longer any confidence in them as they lagged on letting us know.

I'm familiar with the on-line DMEs and their RX requirements.  I've been using a place for a long time now, at least 10(?) years.  They seem to be on the honor system.  They say they need a scrip and ask: "Do we already have one on file?", "Will you mail, email, fax it if we don't?" and then send the equipment without waiting.  It's all good, it comes to me blank and then I go into it and do all the setups myself.

I did see there's a side attachment than can be installed if you don't use the humidifier, and it will make the overall width of the machine narrower.

I'll probably just go ahead and order it tonight.  I'm not going to wait on Philips.  I pay out of pocket for mine so I can avoid local DMEs and whatever insurance hassles are associated with them.  I got my first one that way, but ever since I've just bought on my own.  I have a high deductible insurance plan so it would fall into the deductible area anyway.

As for Philips, I know that things happen, and this seems to be one of those.  They used material that was approved and tested at the time, but for whatever reason it didn't hold up.  I would like to know of the CPAPs that have shown breakdown of the foam; how old are they?  Are they only a year or two old?  Or are they 5-10 years old?

Philips is a very big player in the medical device industry, and as such they have a lot of regulations, testing, QC, and approval processes they have to follow and meet.  For them to do this recall is a "big deal".  A lot of people are complaining they don't have a plan in place for replacements yet, but that's not necessarily on them.  By changing a certified design, they will have to go through all the US FDA and international agencies to get their approval on the design changes - that can take a very long time.

As far as the lag time, I don't know how long it really was, a couple weeks?  A month or two?  I haven't paid close enough attention to that.  But there are different levels of notification when something goes wrong and sometimes it takes a while for all the legal processes to determine what the next step should be.  If it took them a little while before they made a billion dollar decision, well, that's how the world works.  I did see that Resmed stock went up when they made the announcement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whether the humidifier tub is in or not only changes the width by 2 1/2 inches. This is because of how the humidifier tub inserts into the PAP's right end to sit on the heater.

You can run it without water, just turn the humidifier to 0/off. Note that some users comment that with the blocker installed, the PAP is a bit louder, indicating the tub muffles the sound a bit.

AutoSet is definitely your target, unless you get the AutoSet For Her. It gains one extra mode, somewhat modifying response as I recall.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A note about the humidifier side plate. All A10 series (AirSense and AirCurve) use the same dimensioned side plate. The only difference is the color of the plate. Look for the lowest price when you are searching for one. As it turned out when I was looking for one for my AirCurve(gray) the lowest price was for the AirSense model (black). Later, when I was looking for one for my backup AirSense 10, the lowest price was for an Aircurve side plate. I advise to just go with the flow on availability and price.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SD card was asked about I think. Yes it's here on top left under the flap.

[Image: FSHVljA.png]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all.

Mainly wanted to know I was looking at the correct model, and that OSCAR and SD compatibility were good.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welp...

I just pulled the trigger on a new Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet (I love the way these companies mix upper and lower case). I also got the side panel so I can remove the humidifier tank. It should get here early next week.

Note: Resmed does not normally include an SD card, so be aware of that if you mail order.
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny thing is I've got 3 or 4 ResMed SD cards here. Not doing anything but dust collecting. If I get the machine I am told I need, it uses a USB jump drive.
Post Reply Post Reply
My new Resmed AirSense should come in sometime early next week.

What differences should I expect between them?

I will have to check, it's been a while, but I think my pressures are set to 7-10 (I know the upper limit is 10), and when I check in the morning I generally see the 90% pressure around 9 to 9.5. I have all the comfort settings turned off.

One of the things I've seen in the last month is that my AHI values have gone from < 1 to about 1.5. During that time I have been working on my weight loss pretty hard and have dropped almost 15 pounds. I haven't downloaded and looked at any traces yet. Now that I'm switching from DreamStation to AirSense, I will give the new machine the same settings and then wait a week or two before trying any adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 62 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,448 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 379 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  EPR questions juniper 5 199 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,994 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.