Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 11 - Where to buy from?
Resmed AirSense 11 - Where to buy from?
Hello All,

Newly diagnosed with severe OSA. Unfortunately my insurance doesn't cover anything other than basic DME and so have been trying to find a Resmed AirSense 11 device without much luck for a few days. Called almost everybody possible (in the US) that I could find. Even called Resmed and they weren't much help either. Having exhausted all these options, I have nowhere but the experienced folks here to turn to. Can some kind soul point me to someone who has a Resmed AirSense 11 AUTOSET in stock that I can buy directly? I do have a prescription in hand. Thanks for all the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirSense 11 - Where to buy from?
Hi samk!  -  Welcome

Take a look at our Suppliers List.  The link is in the name and at the top of every page.   With the AS11 being so new, you might consider an AS10 Autoset.  

Good luck in your search!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From all reports, the only difference between the Airsense 11 and the Airsense 10 For Her Autoset is the touch screen on the 11. The For Her model has the same programs used in the 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
From info on the web and ResMed website, they are not being sold by any CPAP suppliers. They are only distributed through sales requests by Insurance providers. I recently received a ResMed 10 Autosense from the VA. I was hoping to get the new ResMed 11 Autosense. I am thankful that the VA provided me with a CPAP. I do believe that it is helping me. I feel better rested when I get up in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airsense 10 Autoset For her is $999 at Supplier #2 (new) and $1099 at Supplier #1 in-stock. These prices are nearly double what we saw a few years ago.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was just diagnosed myself with moderate OSA and was offered an AirSense 11 Autoset through an in-network DME here in Houston. Would have been $2400 out of pocket, given my high-deductible plan! Ouch.

Ended up buying a 0-hour (new motor) refurb AS 10 Auto from Supplier #2 for $870. Expensive, especially for a refurb, but not many other options I could find if I wanted a guaranteed new or low-hour unit available immediately.

Good luck OP!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good choice SFR79! Your DME was charging you about twice the retail of a Resmed Autoset CPAP. It would be interesting to learn what the "contract price" your insurance has with the DME, because I don't know of anyone actually paying that much with insurance. Typically DMEs will bill aspirational prices for everything from masks, filters and tube to the CPAP machine, but that is not what they get paid. The problem is the "real" price is usually a bit of a secret. I'm curious if the DME you got referred to was in-network for your insurance.

Ask your insurance if you can submit the cost of your Airsense 10 to apply against your deductible from an out-of-network supplier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2022, 04:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Good choice SFR79!  Your DME was charging you about twice the retail of a Resmed Autoset CPAP.  It would be interesting to learn what the "contract price" your insurance has with the DME, because I don't know of anyone actually paying that much with insurance.  Typically DMEs will bill aspirational prices for everything from masks, filters and tube to the CPAP machine, but that is not what they get paid.  The problem is the "real" price is usually a bit of a secret.  I'm curious if the DME you got referred to was in-network for your insurance.  

Ask your insurance if you can submit the cost of your Airsense 10 to apply against your deductible from an out-of-network supplier.

The $2400 price was actually quoted to me by my insurance (Cigna), as the price they had negotiated with the DME for my unit. They are in-network for my plan. Specifically, it was $395 / month for 6-months, after which I'd own the unit assuming I met the compliance minimums. 

After reading a lot here on the forums, realizing the differences between the 10 and 11 were largely skin-deep, and seeing the paucity of available supplies for the AS11, I decided to go with the 10.

I'm a privacy conscious data nerd, and I appreciate a mature, stable platform and not having to deal with compliance. The ability to deactivate the cellular modem easily and not having to worry about voiding the mfg warranty is a nice bonus.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier 1 has been selling new Resmed Autoset 10 card to cloud for $499 with the Current Coupon code sent by them in email. Current code is RESMED25 and when you apply it the price in your cart drops to $499 Several have called and requested the current code with success in the past when they did not have the email.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you - I ended up purchasing a refurbished Airsense 10 from Supplier #2 back in January of 2022 shortly after my diagnosis. They charged me $900!! for a refurb machine, although it had been serviced and a 0-hour blower motor put into it.

I wouldn’t call it gouging, as that was the best price I could find at the time (and I looked), but COVID supply chain shortages plus the Philips recall combined to really disrupt supply. But they definitely took advantage of it!

I’ve had a lot of luck since with Supplier #26. Purchased a refurbished AirMini from them that looked completely unused and reported 0 hours, for just over $500 a few months ago. They also consistently have competitive pricing on supplies with whatever promo code is active (always running one it seems).

$499 is undoubtedly a great price for the AS10 — hopefully this helps someone on the hunt for a unit.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.