Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Start/Stop Button
Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Start/Stop Button
From Aircurve User Manual: "When SmartStart is enabled, therapy starts automatically when you breathe into your mask. When you remove your mask, it stops automatically after few seconds."

My Actual experience with Smartstart turned ON and mask setting is FULL FACE:

Device is operating normally - Remove mask - Device blower sounds loud for a few seconds and then device blower sounds very softly for 30 minutes and then device blower shuts OFF (device remains turned ON).

Device is operating normally - Push Stop/Start button briefly and then immediately remove mask - Device blower sounds very softly for 30 minutes and then device blower shuts OFF (device remains turned ON).

Device is operating normally - Push Start/Stop Button for several seconds – Device shuts OFF.

Device is shut OFF – Mask is removed – Push Start/Stop Button briefly – Device Turns ON & blower remains OFF.

Device is shut OFF - Breathe into mask - Device remains shut OFF

Device is turned ON - Breathe into mask - Therapy starts automatically

Based on the preceding, when I want to shut OFF my device, I press the Start/Stop Button for several seconds. When I want my device turned but in standby mode (My Air transmissions, etc.), I first make sure the device is turned OFF and then I press the Start/Stop Button briefly to put the device in standby mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Start/Stop Button
(03-26-2016, 12:15 PM)marose1 Wrote: From Aircurve User Manual: "When SmartStart is enabled, therapy starts automatically when you breathe into your mask. When you remove your mask, it stops automatically after few seconds."

My Actual experience with Smartstart turned ON and mask setting is FULL FACE:

Device is operating normally - Remove mask - Device blower sounds loud for a few seconds and then device blower sounds very softly for 30 minutes and then device blower shuts OFF (device remains turned ON).

Device is operating normally - Push Stop/Start button briefly and then immediately remove mask - Device blower sounds very softly for 30 minutes and then device blower shuts OFF (device remains turned ON).

Device is operating normally - Push Start/Stop Button for several seconds – Device shuts OFF.

Device is shut OFF – Mask is removed – Push Start/Stop Button briefly – Device Turns ON & blower remains OFF.

Device is shut OFF - Breathe into mask - Device remains shut OFF

Device is turned ON - Breathe into mask - Therapy starts automatically

Based on the preceding, when I want to shut OFF my device, I press the Start/Stop Button for several seconds. When I want my device turned but in standby mode (My Air transmissions, etc.), I first make sure the device is turned OFF and then I press the Start/Stop Button briefly to put the device in standby mode.

The cool down feature (20 minutes, I think) is important to reduce moisture in the machine and the hose.

Also, I am too busy to wash my tube every week, so, instead, I merely drain the water tub every morning and turn on the pre-heat mode. This runs the blower on a very low speed for 20 minutes warm-up plus 20 minutes cool-down, totally removing moisture, so nothing nasty grows in the machine or hose.

The airflow is very, very low compared to normal operation, so wear and tear on the blower and filter is negligible.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
is there a question in there somewhere?

smartstart is doing what it's supposed to do, going from standby to operation mode when you start, or stop breathing.

you'll notice there's a flashing snowflake when it's in cooldown mode (that 30 minutes you're talking about)

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2016, 06:01 PM)palerider Wrote: is there a question in there somewhere? (Kevin Bacon-A Few Good Men)

smartstart is doing what it's supposed to do, going from standby to operation mode when you start, or stop breathing.

you'll notice there's a flashing snowflake when it's in cooldown mode (that 30 minutes you're talking about)

Thanks PaleRider - I just got the machine 4 days ago and I learn new things every day. You just explained the 30 minute mystery to me.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: "REPLY with Quote" button - Don't use it if you don't have to SuperSleeper 3 13,165 03-27-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 573 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.