Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto SD card type
Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto SD card type
I have a new to me (used) ResMed machine coming, hopefully by Friday.  

Reading the manual I received, it just says it uses an SD card.  The picture in the manual seems to be a normal "large" SD card.  The manual does not specify the card.  

If there's no card, what should I get?  Speed or class rating?  Any SD's to avoid?  Presume there is little reason to buy anything bigger than 4GB.  My old machine has 2GB and after 5 years it's nowhere near full.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto SD card type
Hi happydreams,
Any brand, any size up to 32G.  It is suggested not to get a hi-density card in a Standard SD carrier, as some have had issues with those.  It needs to be formatted as FAT32, or just erase it and let the new machine format it when you first insert it.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I didn't search. Gee, there already was a thread on this page. Apologies.
Post Reply Post Reply
We will let that one pass unpunished. If you do it again, you buy coffee. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a precaution, because you have no idea what the previous owner changed. Do a ReSet to Factory before you program settings for yourself. When we give settings we assume that before we started all other settings are at their default settings. I and others here have been bit by that detail.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2020, 08:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: We will let that one pass unpunished. If you do it again, you buy coffee.  Coffee
You apparently love your coffee!  Me too!   Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2020, 08:35 PM)bonjour Wrote: As a precaution, because you have no idea what the previous owner changed.  Do a ReSet to Factory before you program settings for yourself.  When we give settings we assume that before we started all other settings are at their default settings.  I and others here have been bit by that detail.
Thanks for the recommendation!  

That must of been a tough one to figure out.  And even worse to realize that that same detail bit the group more than once.  Hope to have the machine by the weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
Odds are that you and your new machine are fine, but it never hurts to be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2020, 08:35 PM)bonjour Wrote: As a precaution, because you have no idea what the previous owner changed.  Do a ReSet to Factory before you program settings for yourself.  When we give settings we assume that before we started all other settings are at their default settings.  I and others here have been bit by that detail.

I have the machine!  Yay!  Just turned it on.  I have a new SD card to put in it.  Stuck it in.

By reset to factory do you mean "Erase Data" or "Restore Defaults" or both?
Nevermind, I just did both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should be OK as you did both.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 550 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 203 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.