Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Aircurve ASV vs Airsense autoset
RE: Resmed Aircurve ASV vs Airsense autoset
(03-08-2018, 10:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 09:34 PM)foxfire Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 09:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The ASV can be setup to do everything an Autoset CPAP or Aircurve  VPAP can do and more...and it costs plenty.

Did Resmed change this with the Aircurve 10 series? I know they added AutoASV mode, but did they also add AutoSet and EPR to the CPAP mode?

Other than standard ASV mode my S9 ASV can only operate as a very simple constant pressure CPAP with ramp. No AutoSet or EPR. Also can't do bi-level.

I said it can do it all, I didn't say it had an Autoset mode.  If you need a CPAP or VPAP get one and save some money.  This ASV can vary pressure like an auto CPAP by setting a range for EPAP min and max and limiting the pressure support, but what a waste.  It can if necessary be crippled, to behave as something other than ASV, but why?

In my case I was diagnosed with complex apnea and was prescribed an ASV machine. I eventually adapted to it and consistently get an AHI of 0.0, the thing is I still feel awful, no better than I felt before I started using the machine. I feel like I get no sleep. My now former sleep doc said there was nothing else that could be done, I'm "treated" so that's that. My new sleep doc suspects that the pressure cycling of the ASV machine is causing micorarousals and that is why I feel miserable. He suspects that either a straight CPAP, or BiPAP might be better for me, I need to have another sleep study to attempt to figure it out. The point is that even though I have an ASV machine if I end up needing a different form of therapy I'll probably end up needing to purchase a different machine, the ASV I have cannot "do it all". This is why I was asking if the new Aircurve 10 ASV could actually do it all. I don't want to purchase a lower end machine, try it for a few months only to find out it isn't helpful and then end up having to replace my S9 ASV anyway because it is getting quite old at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
foxfire,

Can you refresh my memory on this: have you posted a nightly chart via SleepyHead for Apnea Board members to view and suggest setting edits to optimize therapy settings with the current machine? The reason I'd suggest doing so, if you have not done so, is to help reveal which therapy and settings would best suit your needs. I may have missed the chart if you did post one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have posted a few but I will do the last three nights here in a few minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are last few nights
Post Reply Post Reply
I am confused Dave was asking foxfire for graphs not you mjoereid I have looked at foxfire posts and can see no charts
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry about that. I should put my glasses on Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2018, 08:51 AM)mjoereid Wrote: Here are last few nights

Mjoereid,

The results with the EPR off is an ahi of slightly over 2 that seems very good no need to do more
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2018, 08:34 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: foxfire,

Can you refresh my memory on this: have you posted a nightly chart via SleepyHead for Apnea Board members to view and suggest setting edits to optimize therapy settings with the current machine? The reason I'd suggest doing so, if you have not done so, is to help reveal which therapy and settings would best suit your needs. I may have missed the chart if you did post one.

Hi Dave,

I have not yet. I'll pull together some charts and start a separate thread.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2018, 09:08 AM)foxfire Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 08:34 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: foxfire,

Hi Dave,

I have not yet. I'll pull together some charts and start a separate thread.

Thanks.

You're welcome. I agree containing these in your own thread will assist the ones who will chime in with suggestions. So a good call there. In short time after posting the charts, don't be surprised if these suggestions point out something where adjustments will benefit you and enhance your therapy. Here's to a GREAT Friday.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So after reading posts about the Airsense 'for her' I am all sad that I didn't buy the for her model. They were the same price from the place I purchased. Has any male with the 'for her' model noticed and improvement over the standard model?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,744 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.