Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vibratory snore index of 242! How does Philips Calculate VS and VS2?
RE: Vibratory snore index of 242 !!!
(12-04-2021, 09:01 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: It may be a fault, but I’ve seen this happen when the air inlet was constricted.

Try using just the reusable filter (no disposable ultra-fine filter) for a night or two and see what it shows.

Great advice sawinglogz - this worked!

I replaced both filters and the problem's been resolved.

I've been doing some DIY (installing a wardrobe) which may be the source of dust clogging the filters.

Interestingly there was a rhythmic pattern of events.
There were two event cycles going on.
VS events every 1min 5secs and also VS2 events exactly every 2mins.
See attached graphs.

I can't understand how these patterns could be generated by something physical.
Perhaps it's a software problem with some kind of overflow occurring due to the sheer volume of the events.

But the machine is now behaving normally which is excellent - Thank you.
Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vibratory snore index of 242! How does Philips Calculate VS and VS2?
From a physical sense the extra restriction would affect the pressure sensor readings and I guess confuses the machine. The rhythm side of things doesn't make a lot of sense though, only thing I can really think of is that the conditions were making the machine think that every breath was vibratory snore and that the time in between each reported snore is related to calculation/programming limitation but that seems like a long shot.

Neat to hear that changing the filters fixed it. Will have to keep that in mind for other PR users with numerous snore flags.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vibratory snore index of 242! How does Philips Calculate VS and VS2?
yeah, strange. we should remember to be on a routine to replace or clean filters. I use a very fine filter, so it clogs up right regularly and we have a clean home. no DIY projects inside, and certainly not in the bedroom.

Usually I get triggered to check my filter when my 8 yr old machine starts being too noisy.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,963 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,524 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,220 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,857 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,895 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,234 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.