Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Aircurve V10 Auto Stopped Working
Resmed Aircurve V10 Auto Stopped Working
This happened last night and all I did at the time was plug in my backup which is the S9 version. I was thinking that it could be the power brick but on arriving home from work I see that's got a green light and my V10 turns on.

Before I buy a replacement, is there a reset switch somewhere that will send the machine back to default settings? Quite simply, the blower doesn't turn on when I press the top button yet there is no smell that hints at a blown circuit. Any advice here would be appreciated. I'm so glad that I decided to invest in the S9 as a backup machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve V10 Auto Stopped Working
Try unplugging the unit from its power source.  Wait a few minutes and plug back in.

Also, did you check to be sure the plug is pushed all the way in on the back of the machine?  Sometimes they come loose.  See pic...#3

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some users have reported the failure of a switch on the board. Someone posted a source and a part number for anyone who has basic soldering skills. The workaround is to enable auto start.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve V10 Auto Stopped Working What Shall I Buy?
Thanks for that - auto start didn't work unfortunately.

OK. looks like its the blower which won't switch on. The machine does have power and the display lights up. I haven't detected any burning smell so I guess it's a small electronic component that's failed. I'll try and get it repaired but for now I need a replacement machine.

Supplier #2 has both the S9 and the Aircurve as used options. My back up machine is the S9 and is working well at the moment. Should I get another one of those or should I go for the Aircurve S10 Vauto. There is a significant difference in price but I'm not sure that there is a big difference in performance. I also have the option of buying new from them and wonder if that's the best course of action. While I'm mentally quibbling about the money the bottom line is that my health comes first.

Supplier #2 Prices

S9 VPAP Auto used $US 1000
Aircurve S10 Vauto used $US 1280
Aircurve S10 Vauto NEW $US 1800

I can't find an 'open box' S9 but I suppose that's not surprising.

So which of the three should I go for. I can afford it but it won't be pleasant forking out the cash. What I want is reliability.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at a refurbish or repair of the VAuto.
That should be your lowest price. You have a working backup machine so you don't need anything close to an overnight replacement.
I believe the refurbish would replace the blower unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2021, 05:35 AM)Gideon Wrote: Look at a refurbish or repair of the VAuto.
That should be your lowest price.  You have a working backup machine so you don't need anything close to an overnight replacement.
I believe the refurbish would replace the blower unit.

That's what I was thinking of but finding a repairer in Australia has been hard. I'm wondering if any Aussie members have an idea who I would go to. In the meantime, because I don't want to be without a back up I've chosen Option 2 from my previous post and purchased from Supplier #2 who have provided me with great service in the past. The price increase is interesting. My last machine from them cost $AUS1100 but now it's up to $AUS1600 with s&p.

If I can get my machine repaired this will leave me with two back ups. To be honest, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have access to xPAP therapy. It's a frightening thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
My replacement machine arrived today from Supplier #2 and I've just set it up. As you've read, I prevaricated about whether or not I should buy used (S9 or Aircurve VAuto) or a new VAuto. I went with the middle option (used Aircurve) but with a little bit of trepidation as Supplier #2 said the machine could have up to 3000 hrs on it. Well, for once I've lucked in. After setting up the clinical menu, I went to the bottom of the list, clicked on 'about' and was absolutely delighted to see........drumroll........56 hours run time in total.

Basically, this is in all affects a new machine and I wonder if the 56 hours were actually part of the initial testing and that this machine hasn't actually been used by anybody. The only issue was the US two pin plug but I've simply used the one off my dud machine in it's place. The power brick is different from my old machine, more compact and lighter and the tubing connector seems to be better.

I've saved myself a fraction under $AUS1000 by not buying 'new' which is always going to be a good thing. I also have the peace of mind knowing that once again I have a back up machine - my trusty old S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
New machines have 0 hours of use in my experience. So your machine was probably used by someone.

In any case, you have a great machine. A good price is always a nice plus.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess the new to you PAP was issued by a Dr. Dolittle that didn't work with the patient, and then the patient failed PAP compliance.

IMO every PAP issued should be given a free membership to Apnea Board.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2021, 01:49 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: New machines have 0 hours of use in my experience. So your machine was probably used by someone.

In any case, you have a great machine. A good price is always a nice plus.

Cheers Guy

56 hours suggests that possibly the person who purchased/used this machine gave up on xPAP therapy very quickly, possibly after a month or so. It came with an SD card with a Resmed label but that had been wiped which goes to show that Supplier #2 is very professional.

I'm looking forward to using it tonight. My SD card via OSCAR showed that I was not totally correct with all my settings. I don't really need BiPAP but the comfort it provides is exemplary. All machines should be like this.

It has MyAir capability which I don't need as I don't report to anyone and it would have to connect to my ISP router for that to happen (which it won't). What I love about the machine is that it's in pristine condition. 

This has made me think about how many people walk away from xPAP therapy without persevering and I nearly did the same. It was this forum that saved me in 2015/16. My experience is that it's not the machine, it's the mask that makes all the difference. When I went about resetting the clinical menu it was set to full face which, to be blunt, I would struggle to work with. Claustrophobia City!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,503 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.