Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airfit F20 advice/fitting/comfort
Resmed Airfit F20 advice/fitting/comfort
Hi I use a Resmed Airfit F20 which I have been using a while and I like the full face mask and have been pretty good at fitting it etc.

The only problem I have is that when I turn onto my side the headgear at the back of my head feels like it cuts into the back of my neck but the straps not tight when I’m laid on my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airfit F20 advice/fitting/comfort
It seems like adjustments were already addressed by you. I'd consider adding some extra padding. Supplier #31 has a great selection of various headgear pads in a number of colors. Maybe they'll have something to help you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I added the extra Velcro based pads and they really helped a ton on my F-20, especially on the top side straps on my cheeks too....
Post Reply Post Reply
The headgear is one of my top complaints about the F20. It's sharp, digs in, and is tight in all the bad places - gives me headaches & neckaches that last all day long. Also, the top strap doesn't even do anything for me, and just flops back.

I didn't know there are pads that can help.
Post Reply Post Reply
When first starting out on CPAP therapy, my mask (AirFit F20) rubbed me the wrong way in a couple of places. But, I persisted and the irritations soon went away. 

I felt that my face had to adjust to the straps and such. I'm fortunate in that regard. It doesn't take long for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2019, 09:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: When first starting out on CPAP therapy, my mask (AirFit F20) rubbed me the wrong way in a couple of places. But, I persisted and the irritations soon went away. 

I felt that my face had to adjust to the straps and such. I'm fortunate in that regard. It doesn't take long for me.

I’ve felt that way about every mask I’ve tried. Everything uncomfortable about them goes away with time as my face got used to them. Usually 3 or 4 days. With the F20 it was the bridge of my nose, the F30 the contact points under and on the sides of my nose and the P30i the nostril irritation. It all goes away and is perfectly comfortable after a few days. To the OP, remember our faces aren’t meant to have these masks on them all night long so it takes time to adjust. Patience is the key to cpap success!
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2019, 10:17 PM)Osiris357 Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 09:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: When first starting out on CPAP therapy, my mask (AirFit F20) rubbed me the wrong way in a couple of places. But, I persisted and the irritations soon went away. 

I’ve felt that way about every mask I’ve tried. Everything uncomfortable about them goes away with time as my face got used to them. Usually 3 or 4 days. With the F20 it was the bridge of my nose, the F30 the contact points under and on the sides of my nose and the P30i the nostril irritation. It all goes away and is perfectly comfortable after a few days. To the OP, remember our faces aren’t meant to have these masks on them all night long so it takes time to adjust. Patience is the key to cpap success!

Well said!  Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Very well said! I will say you do not have to be uncomfortable though. Look on amazon for mask strap covers, there are a bunch of them you can add that help cushion your straps. Made a world of difference on mine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,179 1 hour ago
Last Post: car54
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 4 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 172 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 863 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,799 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,571 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.