Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage
RE: Resmed Airfit F30 Mask Leakage
(12-19-2021, 08:57 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Even with a new F30 cushion, I at times still experience leaks. I'm a side sleeper, so I realize that can be a real challenge in regards to keeping a mask from leaking. 

Other times, with a mask cushion several months old, I can get a full night's sleep w/o any leaks.  Dont-know

It is frustrating for sure. Just when I think I have adapted to this annoying therapy, have exactly the right equipment for me  and have it all perfectly fitted something else starts to bug me or doesn‘t work.  Arggggggg
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2021, 09:31 PM)Superstar Wrote: It is frustrating for sure. Just when I think I have adapted to this annoying therapy, have exactly the right equipment for me  and have it all perfectly fitted something else starts to bug me or doesn‘t work.  Arggggggg

I upped my minimum pressure a bit today. I figure part of a night's sleep is better than none at all. I don't have any trouble what-so-ever sleeping w/o my CPAP. That's what's frustrating! 

I'm struggling to remain complaint, and I'm not even close to being that anymore. I keep trying I suppose out of guilt and dedication. I don't see this for much longer though. I'm not willing to try a couple more years w/o any reward.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re: replacement age for the F30.. I've used them for a year, but I did notice that I have to keep nailing it on tighter towards the end. I'm at 9 months for the current one, and Ive noticed the leak rate climbing during the last few weeks. Im going to move to a 6 month replacement cycle.
I think the recommended replacement timeframe (3 months ?) is sort of like a "best before" date on foods.. where the manuf guarantees the product quality out to that date, but it's not a hard rule.

Re: Saving used masks .. the ziplocks is a good idea, I might up that by using my food vacuum bag sealer to draw some air out (but not distort the mask). Someday I might loose my insurance coverage for this stuff..
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the F30 with the Amara headgear for the second night . It worked well for me. The headgear is a lot more comfortable for a side sleeper.

I had a couple of leaks in the early morning when I probably got restless, but other than that it was fine. I will keep using it for a while to see if I want to change from the F30i permanently. The F30i is a great mask, but the hard plastic sides where the air tubes connect to the mask are right on my cheekbones and they make them sore. The F30 has only the soft silicone sides.

The most disconcerting thing about the CPAP journey is that there is no one size fits all with the machines, masks, tubing, liners or pillows. It is truly trial and error and even with Medicare and Blue Cross insurance I have spent quite a bit of money trying suggestions by posters that might work for me. But it is worth it. Without all of your experiences and suggestions I could not have stick with it. I hope those of you having these problems will find solutions for your health’s sake. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I am taking all your advice.  I just ordered the Amara headgear from Amazon. Paid about $14.  I am determined to try everything to make this F30 work.  I really do not want to go back to a sore bridge of my nose every morning.  

In spite of the large amount of leakage, my events are still hovering around 1.0.  Can't complain about that.  

Also, the advise about not having the straps too tight, seems to work to reduce leakage.  One would think that tighter would work better, but the contrary seems to be true.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can get up to a year on a mask. As it gets older it does seem to leak more. I wash it everyday to remove any oils from it which increase the leaks and I think oils will also age the mask. As others have said that there seems to be more leaks later in the sleep span. I attribute this to oils and maybe the mask being warmed up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did folk try different mask sizes? i'm going back and forth between the the S/M and the L to try to see which one produces less leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have use the system only three times but I find that if I push the mask into my face several times that the seals become better.
Thank you for your help, Wally.❤️
Post Reply Post Reply
i have used the F30 since it came out. The weak spot is definitely the head gear. I use a real (not copy) Amara View head gear. I have found that they copy's are too stretchy and need more adjustments to maintain a seal. Also the velcro, on both the copy and original, seems to wear out and I have sewn in real velcro strips that have a better grip.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 9 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 103 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.