Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepstyle F&P is very loud
Sleepstyle F&P is very loud
Hi,

I am facing a problem with my Sleepstyle machine grom Paykal & Fisher. The machine makes a very loud blowing noise (60db on high pressure).

I tried putting the machine on a towel and filling the humidifier but this did not help.

What could be causing this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepstyle F&P is very loud
Hi bibbie! - Welcome
Without actually hearing the sound, I am guessing. If it sounds like whining, it could be one of the blower motor bearings.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the high pitched whine on resmed airsense 10 - couldn't take it, and replaced the motor with OTC amazon motor. High pitched whine is gone,
but there is still fairly loud blow noise from the machine, can't recall if it was super quiet before, but I can tolerate the blow, as my local breathing vent has some flow noise as well. It was the oscillating pitch that was unacceptable. You can also try to put on carpet floor to try to muffle.
Post Reply Post Reply
A problem with placing a CPAP on carpet is it may pick up debris off the floor, and the filter may clog up faster. Second, it's now in a spot for you to step on it or trip over it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2023, 05:18 PM)enigmatic Wrote: I had the high pitched whine on resmed airsense 10 - couldn't take it, and replaced the motor with OTC amazon motor. High pitched whine is gone,
but there is still fairly loud blow noise from the machine, can't recall if it was super quiet before, but I can tolerate the blow, as my local breathing vent has some flow noise as well. It was the oscillating pitch that was unacceptable. You can also try to put on carpet floor to try to muffle.

(09-19-2023, 03:47 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi bibbie!  -  Welcome
Without actually hearing the sound, I am guessing.  If it sounds like whining, it could be one of the blower motor bearings.

- Red

I hear a whining noise (changes in pitch when breathing), and on top of that also just continuous loud blowing noise. All of the noise come straight out of the machine.

Both sounds are really loud and intollerable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely sounds like you need a new motor (bad dry shot bearings) or new machine (mine is RESMED). It took my machine a few years to get that high pitched whine. It was extremely annoying and I could hear a very loud cringy wwwwweeee (whistle) on each inhale and exhale. You can likely find videos on how to replace, but it's not super easy. You have to literally disassemble machine and screws, seals, etc.. to get to it and then put them back right. Otherwise might be also remedied by a new machine. The loud noise may also be from wear or machine, hard to say, but for me the pitch was unacceptable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [CPAP] F & P SleepStyle KittyKatIs 15 327 04-11-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 463 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,726 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud chipschap 5 1,094 02-25-2024, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Rkaechler
  F&P SleepStyle Opinions zzz1 0 206 02-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: zzz1
  New AirSense 10 is very loud. xian67 2 419 12-15-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 110 147,080 10-13-2023, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.