Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size?
Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size?
Hi All,

I believe the F30 only has one frame size; is that so?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size?
I have one on order and on it's way. They come in either a small or a medium.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm aware that the cushions sizes are only in small and medium; I just want to be sure that the frame is only one size, which I think it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes only one frame size.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you are right.  It has one frame size but it has two cushion sizes, small and medium.  I am currently using the F30 and love the way it seals and feels.  I would certainly recommend it to any one that is a mouth and nose breather like I am.  I tried the Philips-Respironics dreamwear but  was not happy with it so my Sleep management Group took it back and let me choose another one to try.  I have only been on the CPAP for about three weeks now so I can try as many masks as I would like to get one that fits and feels right in the first month.  I think I have found that with the ResMed F30.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, only one frame size.

I love that the lower part of the F30's silicone is a bit more firm so as to not let it burp when my jaw slacks or moves.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm anxious to get mine and give it a try. It and some other stuff ships on the 18th. I do pretty good with my AirFit F20, but if the F30 is a step up, I'm all for it.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

I don't think the F30 is a step "up" from the F20. The F30 is more like the Amara View, and it needs to be pulled up against the bottom/base of your nose. The F20 is more traditional as a FFM, and can potentially pinch the top of your nose. Two different ways of doing a FFM. Also, the F30 headgear is (for me) every so slightly less aggressive, and is more adjustable (up top).
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2019, 01:02 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

I don't think the F30 is a step "up" from the F20.  The F30 is more like the Amara View, and it needs to be pulled up against the bottom/base of your nose.  The F20 is more traditional as a FFM, and can potentially pinch the top of your nose.  Two different ways of doing a FFM.  Also, the F30 headgear is (for me) every so slightly less aggressive, and is more adjustable (up top).

The AirFit F20 is the only mask I'm familiar with. It's the one I used in my sleep lab test and the one that my sleep doctor ordered, when he ordered my CPAP machine. 

I have zero experience with other masks / cushions. I do quite well with the F20. It does ride up rather high on my nose, and I'm hoping that the F30 will feel less obtrusive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, makes sense.

I have to let the F20 ride high on my nose, because otherwise it pinches my nose shut and I can't breathe well. (I do have a wide nose.) I don't love that the top part encroaches on my eyes & eyelashes. (Yet this is my preferred mask for now.)

The F20 definitely solves that problem, but it creates a different situation by having to be snugged up against the base of the nose.

You'll experiment, and figure out what you like. And I'll be very interested in hearing your thoughts! (I'm on the quest for a better mask... mainly because I am wanting more minimal headgear.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,268 11 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,340 Yesterday, 06:43 PM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,585 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,999 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,605 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 302 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.