Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size?
RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size?
I have the same problem with the air holes. During the night the slightest movement seems to partially block one or both orifices.
I am going to either enlarge the holes slightly on the sides, or, maybe remove the membrane between them entirely.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2019, 10:37 PM)garryfranklin Wrote: I have the same problem with the air holes. During the night the slightest movement seems to partially block one or both orifices.
I am going to either enlarge the holes slightly on the sides, or, maybe remove the membrane between them entirely.

Please let us know if you do that and what the results are!  I haven't done that yet, as I only have 1 cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone for your replies.

My husband is doing OK/better than other masks on the F30, but he still has some leaks.

His nose sizing was between medium/small, so he has used both sizes but he thinks the small might be better; he's still experimenting.

I tried the small (my size) briefly but I had a hard time with leaks and with the headgear wanting to fit too close to my hair line. Weird.

In the brief time I used it, I also felt the nose holes were too small. I have a narrow nose and a deviated septum, so ... My husband has lots of nostril space, LOL, so he hasn't had any problems with that.

In the meantime, it's the AirTouch F20 for my maks. It works well for me, thankfully, but I was hoping to have an alternative for a couple reasons.

Request: To anyone who cuts part or all of the F30 nostril divider, please let us know how that goes.

Question: The F30 headgear comes in only one size? (I'm almost certain it does, but it won't be the first time I look foolish asking obvious questions. Smile Gotta be certain!)
Post Reply Post Reply
If you all have a heated hose connected directly to the elbow on this mask, Google up "Sleepweaver Feather Weight Tube" for a more flexible extension tube that will allow more head movement without tugs on the mask. It isn't "floppy" flexible, but it is more flexible than the heated hose I have, and the extra length helps as well.

I use this mask successfully with zero leaks, and I don't have it pulled so tight that it bothers me at all. Took some fiddling to dial it in, a couple nights, but really haven't touched the straps since other than 1 nudge to the lower ones. It has become my "go to" since I don't seem to be able to keep my mouth shut with my nasal pillow masks anymore despite trying just about everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a new AirFit F30 mask user. I'm a mouth-breather. So, the nasal holes are not a concern for me. The 1st night of use though, I did try breathing via my nose and I was surprised at how easy it was for me. 

I did that for a few minutes and it felt good. I then fell asleep and that was that.  Eat-popcorn

It's tough to teach an old dog new tricks. I'm back to mouth breathing.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,139 1 hour ago
Last Post: yankees123
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,569 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,976 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.