Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsence autoset for her ?
Resmed Airsence autoset for her ?
Hi

I am in the process of buying a new auto cpap machine. They are giving me a loaner to try and it is a Resmed  Airsense  Autoset for her Model #37035. My question is how do I know if this machine is fully data capable machine and not just regular cpap machine?

Does the model # mean anything?

The reason for the loaner is were waiting on approval from ADP as I live in Ontario Canada.

Thank You
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsence autoset for her ?
It is fully data capable.

That model offers an additional mode option to the standard Autoset. So it's a good machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sudsy and welcome to the Apnea Board. The model number points back to the ResMed AutoSet For Her. FWIW those that need a CPAP, you can't do better than the ResMed AutoSet or the AutoSet For Her.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sudsy,
Here is a list of model #’s for the A10 AutoSet for Her: (Not sure if these numbers are current)

Model List - 3 May 2017: 37034, 37035, 37036, 37037, 37039, 37040, 37041, 37066, 37209, 37210, 37223, 37224, 37247, 37260, 37288, 37295, 37317, 37318, 37320, 37322, 37328, 37353, 37368, 37390, 37396, 37404, 37405, 37420, 37421, 37422, 37423, 37437

The model #’s are dependent on whether the machine comes with ClimateLine Tubing or SlimLine Tubing, or some are bundled with masks included.  

Be sure to ask what your machine includes before accepting.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
An additional bonus for the for Her model is that in Ontario it is considered a CPAP machine, so not only is it less expensive than the regular Autoset, you can get it when you don't meet the ADP requirements for an auto-adjusting (Autoset) machine.

I thought about asking ADP about the classification, but upon reflection decided not to... go for it!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pholynyk

Thanks for your reply

I have heard so many stories  about Dme suppliers selling different machines then what the patient thought they were getting. 

I have read so much my head is overloaded. lol  The lady at vital air kept referring to it as a Cpap machine so I was confused because I always thought Cpap was a fixed pressure machine and that is not what I want.

Is yours the Auto set for her or just the Auto set?

D you know how much the Ontario ADP program pays for the machine?

Thanks
Don
Post Reply Post Reply
Sudsy, The Ontario ADB classifies the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (incorrectly, don't tell them) as a CPAP. This is the machine that you want, especially if you are getting it via the health system. This machine IS an Auto CPAP or APAP and is the same as the more expensive "AutoSet" APAP with some extra modes that you may or may not need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Now my mind is at ease that I am getting the right machine.

Now for the mask they lent me to try is call Dreamwear full face mask.

I tried it last night a med size and can't get it to stop leaking. I also find that my bottom jaw falls out of the mask when I am on my back. I have tried adjusting the straps and does not seem to work.

Any suggestions on how to fix problem?

Oh I am a mouth breather that's why a full face mask.

Lets hope tonight it is better

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Conventional wisdom is to use a chin strap to control the jaw. In my opinion, a chin strap may pull the jaw back causing obstruction, and may be worse than the leak. We have found a soft cervical collar not only maintains the airway by keeping the chin up, but it presses the back of the jaw encouraging a good mask fit. A wiki on soft cervical collars is in my signature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2019, 06:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Conventional wisdom is to use a chin strap to control the jaw. In my opinion, a chin strap may pull the jaw back causing obstruction, and may be worse than the leak.  We have found a soft cervical collar not only maintains the airway by keeping the chin up, but it presses the back of the jaw encouraging a good mask fit.  A wiki on soft cervical collars is in my signature.

I have the same problem as you with mouth breathing and my jaw falling down and back when I relax, causing the mask to leak. I used to be able to use a nasal pillow mask by using a chin strap but had to go back to my my F20 full face mask recently due to the mouth leaks returning. As Sleeprider suggested, a soft cervical collar may be more beneficial than a chin strap. The collar has the added benefit of preventing positional apnea. If you do decide to try a chinstrap, wearing it under the jaw and chin will help keep the chin up and won’t push the jaw back like wearing it on the chin can.

My mask size is in the upper range of the medium size cushion, using the manufacturer’s sizing guide. Switching to a large cushion has worked better for me. It lets the bottom of the cushion sit further below my lower lip while keeping the top of the cushion high enough on the bridge of the nose to get a good seal and not put pressure on the nostrils. It also lets me push the mask firmly down on my face with my hand after the cushion inflates which helps the mask get a better seal which seems to help the soft collar I use keep my mouth closed.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 462 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,239 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 593 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.