Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with settings on Resmed AirSense 10
Help with settings on Resmed AirSense 10
I am new to making adjustments to my Resmed AirSense 10 to improve my quality of sleep. Please take a look at my Oscar chart and help me understand what changes that I need to make. Thanks.    
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with settings on Resmed AirSense 10
Welcome to the forum.

First is the prevalence of Central Apnea, for that we need to avoid them with your machine
Set EPR =1, Higher EPR tends to flush CO2 out of your system lowering your CO2 to below your apneic threshold. Thus we lower your EPR

Also you are tucking your chin. See the clusters of obstructive events? This is the indicator. No amount of pressure will overcome this. A Soft Cervical collar will, read the link in my signature on this and the related article on Positional apnea within that article.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have set the EPR to 1 and ordered the Caldera Releaf Neck Rest from Amazon. I will let you know the results in a few days. I could not understand why my AHI was increasing even as I was increasing the pressure. It never occurred to me that there was another problem with me tucking my neck! Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I now am using the Caldera Releaf Neck Rest to help keep my neck in the correct position and have also checked the position of my pillow. The numbers are much better. I am attaching my last two nights. On the second night I reduced the max pressure a little. Do you have any additional advice going forward. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The first thing I noticed is you State that your CPAP pressure is 4-20. THIS IS WRONG!
Your respiratory therapist should have told you what pressure you need to be running at.
When I started I had 38 episodes per hour and was told to run at a pressure of 12. You should not be changing this number.

If you just went to a yard sale and bought a CPAP machine and think you're going to start using it you can really do some damage.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP pressure is 9-12. Check the attached charts. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.
First, on the 25th you were tucking your chin. This results in clusters of obstructive events that cannot be resolved at any pressure. This was not present on the 26th. Your cluster consisted of hypopneas, RERAs, and Flow Limitations. Your pressure correction did nothing to correct this. Please watch for these clusters. If they persist you need a soft cervical collar. Please read the cervical collar link in my signature to learn more about this.

Central Apneas have a characteristic we call consistently inconsistent. In other words it can jump all over the place. How often do you see Central apnea levels similar to the 25th? If often we need to consider a machine that is designed to treat them, an ASV. Note that I do not associated them with your chin tucking.
Post Reply Post Reply
Christyjack, you stated in post #4 above that you started using the Caldera Releaf Neck Rest on the 27th, but your latest charts are for the 25th and 26th.

Can you post a chart after using the Caldera?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wlr1974

We are a self help community here no need to scare a user on setting a machine a CPAP does not provide enough pressure to blow up a balloon what damage do you think will be caused?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,592 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.