Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Auto - 24 volts - Straight?
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Auto - 24 volts - Straight?
(06-26-2015, 08:40 PM)pholynyk Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 01:13 PM)justMongo Wrote: You are correct. Anyone want to put a caliper or micrometer on the outer barrel and give me that dimension plus the barrel length.
I'll try to ID it.

I shud a knowed somebody would ask...

Outer diameter: 7.50 mm -- 0.29"
Inner diameter: 5.20 mm -- 0.20"
Length: 13.0 mm -- 0.50"

The pin appears to be recessed about 3 or 4 mm, pretty difficult to measure.

I leave the catalog search as an exercise for the interested student... Mongo?

Phil

Thanks for the info... I see what I can come up with.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If you search on "resmed S10 dc converter" you can find one made for the s10 to hook up to a 12v battery
or search "dc-power-converter-for-airsense-10-series"

<link to Supplier #14 removed>

is one example, I don't know the store or anything

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2015, 04:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: As far as I know the A10 needs a pure sine wave. This will eliminate many UPS systems.

Do you have a source for this? The ResMed Mask Disinfection guide shows S9 and some others can use MSW. It shows some of the older machines need pure sine wave.

It is silent on whether the Air10 machines need pure sine wave or can use MSW.

Since it doesn't list either, I'm thinking its an oversight, or they simply want to sell more high priced DC-DC converters.

Most of the models it says can't use MSW are older models and only with the humidifier attached. The older models had AC powered humidifiers and probably used phase angle controlled AD regulators. A few models do require pure sine, even for the blower unit itself.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I gave in, bought a msw inverter, but for the S10 I got the DC-DC Converter by Resmed. I have a deep cycle battery and diy solar panel/charge controller setup I use camping to recharge the battery. I'm going to see how long the battery will work for before charging starting tonight I think, I'll try to come back and report how long a 35ah battery will run me.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the only thread where I have seen any mention of a "pure sine wave" for the 24VDC ResMed non-standard power supply input.

Just by way of reference, a great thread on the unusual non-standard ResMed S9 and A10 power requirements are over here. [Image: E0LzRe.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
NICE.
I already bought the overpriced thing, but that's awesome, and much more compact. I may build that as well.

TEST RESULTS
With my 35aH agr battery, i made it 10 hours with the climateline and humidity on.
Without the climateline or humidity, it lasted a little over 4 days, lets say 28 hours. Not bad on one battery, that'll do just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2016, 10:15 PM)awoodby Wrote: NICE.
I already bought the overpriced thing, but that's awesome, and much more compact. I may build that as well.

TEST RESULTS
With my 35aH agr battery, i made it 10 hours with the climateline and humidity on.
Without the climateline or humidity, it lasted a little over 4 days, lets say 28 hours. Not bad on one battery, that'll do just fine.

Thanks for that useful information!

Here is the basic layout of the electronics as shown in the reference thread by Mongo and Steve:
[Image: 9taPYw.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.