Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Well my old Sandman CPAP machine has died after 5 years of tireless & faithful work & I'm looking to purchase a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with Humidair & ClimateLineAir CPAP machine. I'm from Australia & the price I was quoted stunned me (quoted $2,578.00). I will have to purchase another CPAP machine as the old one is beyond repair (power supply is gone) so I'm looking online & overseas for a beter deal.

Can forum members recommend a reliable supplier/retailer? Can anyone with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with Humidair & ClimateLineAir CPAP machine advise their experiences with this machine (pro's/con's)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
I am an Aussie from Sydney. If you want a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset have a good look for a local supplier on the internet. You will pay a lot less than $2,578.00 I have seen them for $1,990. I have one, and despite having a few teething problems that were quickly taken care of by Resmed under warranty, I think that they are probably the best machine. Lots of user adjustment and easily done. I used a Philips Remstar 60 Auto A-flex for a week and they are not a bad machine if you are willing to forgo all the latest bells and whistles. You can still get one for around $1500 or so. I would have doubts that any saving from buying O/S would be offset if repairs are needed. I don't think the warranty would be valid in Australia. There are other cheaper machines on the Australian market also. As to quality and features, I don't know. Where abouts do you hail from?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think someone else will jump in with suppliers - probably the Aussies... I have the machine you are looking at, and I find it quite satisfactory, although there have been reports of breathing noises and humidifier noises. Mine had those, and either they have disappeared or I have acclimated. There is a review thread here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-AutoSet and an everything thread here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irsense-10

Also look at the 'Possibly Related Threads' at the bottom of this page.

Remember that (statistically speaking) complainers are more vocal than satisfied customers...

Hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irsense-10
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Might want to wait for Deepbreathing to be on the air. DB is in Perth.
There are 4 Supplier's on the list (top of page) that are in Oz.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2016, 11:02 PM)JamesW Wrote: I am an Aussie from Sydney. If you want a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset have a good look for a local supplier on the internet. You will pay a lot less than $2,578.00 I have seen them for $1,990. I have one, and despite having a few teething problems that were quickly taken care of by Resmed under warranty, I think that they are probably the best machine. Lots of user adjustment and easily done. I used a Philips Remstar 60 Auto A-flex for a week and they are not a bad machine if you are willing to forgo all the latest bells and whistles. You can still get one for around $1500 or so. I would have doubts that any saving from buying O/S would be offset if repairs are needed. I don't think the warranty would be valid in Australia. There are other cheaper machines on the Australian market also. As to quality and features, I don't know. Where abouts do you hail from?

Thanks James. I've seen this machine onlne in the US for around $830.00 USD which is about $1,158.00 AUD plus shipping & any customs charges. Still far cheaper than my local supplier (Tasmania). My priority (apart from price) would be for a machine that has quite operation, & auto-pressure, rather than other bells & whistles. As far as warantee is concerned, I thought a machine could be returned to any dealer, & as Resmed is an Australian Company anyway it would seem futile to send it back to a US supplier only to be shipped back to Australia for any warrantee work.

Anyway, reading the various forums here, there seems to be many Aussies who lament to high prices of CPAP machines in Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset was returned under warranty due to a few noise issues, but Resmed sorted it out and were in contact with me while the problem was traced. It's very quiet now. I have it on a small platform to keep it off the floor under the side of my bed and it is nearly silent. I have sent a PM re a supplier in Melbourne that has some good deals on Resmed and Philips. They are the best two and my sleep doctor recommends those brands. He doesn't sell any machines though so I reckon no commercial bias is shown there. The higher prices are due to a smaller market, but I have noticed that more sellers are cropping up. I reckon they can see a good profit in the industry. It sure does pay to shop around and being in Tassie limits the choice of local suppliers I bet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2016, 10:20 PM)Salmo Wrote: Well my old Sandman CPAP machine has died after 5 years of tireless & faithful work & I'm looking to purchase a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with Humidair & ClimateLineAir CPAP machine. I'm from Australia & the price I was quoted stunned me (quoted $2,578.00). I will have to purchase another CPAP machine as the old one is beyond repair (power supply is gone) so I'm looking online & overseas for a beter deal.

Can forum members recommend a reliable supplier/retailer? Can anyone with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with Humidair & ClimateLineAir CPAP machine advise their experiences with this machine (pro's/con's)?
If looking for A10 AutoSet for Her or AutoSet, best price have seen in Australia $1,989.00 from CPAP Direct

They're good deals on PRS1 Auto 560 and ResMed S9 AutoSet or S9 AutoSet for Her (colour pink) from US suppliers
Both Suppliers #10 and #2 ship internationally, I've bought stuff from both without occurring any problems
Supplier #29 say on their site, they ship internationally, you'll need to check with them, they have S9 AutoSet for Her US $469.00

I've used both S9 AutoSet and A10 AutoSet, for my money, the S9 is better build and I don't like the idea of sleeping next to wireless, can be turned off but still don't like it
ResMed does not provide local warranty for machines purchased from overseas, machines have to be shipped back for any warranty issues
I'm not bothered by all of that, I got two machines of price of one ... YMMV

Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased my Autoset locally in Sydney - paid full price, aghh.
My second machine, the PR1 560 I picked up in the US at Xmas for $425 from a supplier on Amazon. I think both machines have plus and minuses - swings and roundabouts I guess. I would not be beholden to Resmed given the company started in Australia. I don't think the Mgmt team is here any longer though. Also, I don't believe they honour the warranty here if you buy from offshore - I think you have to send it back to the original supplier in the US if that's where you sourced it. Given their margins are so high here I assume they have this policy to discourage grey imports. I have only read this from other posters though.

Machines in summary (from my limited experience):
A10: bells & whistles; more aggressive in responding to detected apneas; can cause more mouth leaks with fast escalation of pressure (only my experience I think). This probably means I need to more actively manage the min. pressure.
PR1: looks more clunky; seems laid back about responding to events in comparison to A10; but if you actively manage the minimum pressure up you can get a similar result to the A10. Much cheaper to buy. You could probably use a re-shipping service to get one through Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 04:27 AM)Dafod Wrote: I would not be beholden to Resmed given the company started in Australia. I don't think the Mgmt team is here any longer though. Also, I don't believe they honour the warranty here if you buy from offshore - I think you have to send it back to the original supplier in the US if that's where you sourced it. Given their margins are so high here I assume they have this policy to discourage grey imports. I have only read this from other posters though.

Just for info Resmed is based here in Sydney and I have been in direct contact with them recently working to fix a production fault with my Airsense 10 Auto. In answer to my question as to where the machines are made I was told Australia and Singapore. From that I don't think any are made in other countries. Resmed USA is a subsidiary of the Australian company, and report to management here in Australia. Did anyone know that CPAP machines are an Australian invention and the early work was done at Sydney University. Resmed was the startup company that put them into production. http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/museum/mwm...lin_Edward
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 166 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,591 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.