Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Help, please?
Question 
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Help, please?
Before I start, I just wanted to mention that I've seen similar topics to this but they've failed to answer the question and I've also spent a couple of hours trying to find specific info on this problem.

I was diagnosed within the last 2 months and prescribed a cpap. My first cpap purchase was last week with the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto set. It works well, looks great, and just blows my expectations out of the water.

The only problem is I have no idea how to set my pressure. I've been prescribed at 11 but the machine is on the default of 4-20. Which has me waking up occasionally from too much pressure and a morning full of unrelenting flatulence... So I have two questions. How do I set a specific pressure? How do I set a maximum and minimum?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. Help, please?
You'll find the link describing how to get the Clinician manual for this machine at http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...7#pid83437

Once you get into the menu's, I would suggest you set your minimum pressure at something higher than 4, I think I'd go about 7 at this point, and your max at something other than 20 --- probably around 14. The other issue is the ramp beginning pressure is probably set at 4. That's too low for me to be a happy camper, so I'd move that up to at least 6. I'd also reduce the ramp time to something more like 10 minutes max.

Then download the ResScan software from the information here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d=99#pid99. Install the software and you'll be ready to start reviewing your results on the computer.

Enjoy your new machine! Keep us posted as to how it's working out for you.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2014, 09:28 PM)LostGOG Wrote: I've been prescribed at 11 but the machine is on the default of 4-20. Which has me waking up occasionally from too much pressure and a morning full of unrelenting flatulence... So I have two questions. How do I set a specific pressure? How do I set a maximum and minimum?

Thanks
Hi LostGOG, welcome to the forum
All explained in the clinical manual, available via email, scroll down to "HOW TO ASK FOR A MANUAL VIA EMAIL"
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

You can start 2 cmh2o below and above prescribed pressure and see how it works out
Are using using EPR, EPR can be helpful to people having problems exhaling against pressure

Tips for new CPAP users and avoiding 10 common problems
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...CPAP_users

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LostGOG,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
CONGRATULATIONS on the new machine and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='LostGOG' pid='83755' dateline='1410920910']
Before I start, I just wanted to mention that I've seen similar topics to this but they've failed to answer the question and I've also spent a couple of hours trying to find specific info on this problem.

I was diagnosed within the last 2 months and prescribed a cpap. My first cpap purchase was last week with the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto set. It works well, looks great, and just blows my expectations out of the water.

The only problem is I have no idea how to set my pressure. I've been prescribed at 11 but the machine is on the default of 4-20. Which has me waking up occasionally from too much pressure and a morning full of unrelenting flatulence... So I have two questions. How do I set a specific pressure? How do I set a maximum and minimum?

Thanks
[/quoteI am a current ResMed S9 cpap user,) 2 years at the same level. My pressure level is 8, my machine also has the humidity/heater which I use at a 5 humidity and 73 temp. I have been having issues at night with the use of my machine ( not sleeping well, restless legs, waking up with ears ringing, heart racing, dizzy etc. I made a visit to sleep doc and he recommended loaning me an Apap for a week to see how I would do ( thinking since I have a very small airway that I needed multi levels during the night ) and hopefully this would fix me up. Wink I picked up the loner Machine , a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with the pressure settings at 8-14 and Humidity at 5. I set up this machine last night and was excited to get a good nights sleep Dielaughing Boy was I wrong ! I was awake more than I was asleep , all night !! Every time the machine increased the pressure it woke me up ( due to the force of the air blowing out of my lips) and I spent several mins trying to get back to sleep. Also each time the pressure was increased , my nasal mask would start whistling around the hose connection ( geesh) and that drove me nuts Sad I woke up enough a couple of times to check the pressure and It was at 10, then around 5:30 am I woke with my chest hurting, burping and had acid reflux, hose whistling and a feeling of having swallowed way to much air, checked the pressure and it was at 11.3
( OMG) So...... I got up and set my S9 back up and went off to a restful slumber for the next 3 hours. GEESH !!!!! Epic fail. I am supposed to use this loner machine until Wed and I cant even use it one full night. Cannot reach a tech at my supply office ( weekend) to get help with this newfangled machine. I JUST WANNA SLEEP PEACEFULLY Big Grin. I know your pain Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 01:52 PM)Lahanna44 Wrote: [quote='LostGOG' pid='83755' dateline='1410920910']

Thanks
[/quoteI am a current ResMed S9 cpap user,) 2 years at the same level. My pressure level is 8, my machine also has the humidity/heater which I use at a 5 humidity and 73 temp. I have been having issues at night with the use of my machine ( not sleeping well, restless legs, waking up with ears ringing, heart racing, dizzy etc. I made a visit to sleep doc and he recommended loaning me an Apap for a week to see how I would do ( thinking since I have a very small airway that I needed multi levels during the night ) and hopefully this would fix me up. Wink I picked up the loner Machine , a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with the pressure settings at 8-14 and Humidity at 5. I set up this machine last night and was excited to get a good nights sleep Dielaughing Boy was I wrong ! I was awake more than I was asleep , all night !! Every time the machine increased the pressure it woke me up ( due to the force of the air blowing out of my lips) and I spent several mins trying to get back to sleep. Also each time the pressure was increased , my nasal mask would start whistling around the hose connection ( geesh) and that drove me nuts Sad I woke up enough a couple of times to check the pressure and It was at 10, then around 5:30 am I woke with my chest hurting, burping and had acid reflux, hose whistling and a feeling of having swallowed way to much air, checked the pressure and it was at 11.3
( OMG) So...... I got up and set my S9 back up and went off to a restful slumber for the next 3 hours. GEESH !!!!! Epic fail. I am supposed to use this loner machine until Wed and I cant even use it one full night. Cannot reach a tech at my supply office ( weekend) to get help with this newfangled machine. I JUST WANNA SLEEP PEACEFULLY Big Grin. I know your pain Wink
It is my understanding that ( They) the docs and supply businesses do not want us to adjust our own levels, haha. I just this morning googled a search on how to do this myself , for my S9 . I found what I was looking for and adjusted it from 8 .8 ( I have been told that this needs to be done gradually over a few days ) I will see what happens tonight. Haven't been able to find out how to do it on the Airsense yet, will let you know if I find anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2014, 09:28 PM)LostGOG Wrote: Before I start, I just wanted to mention that I've seen similar topics to this but they've failed to answer the question and I've also spent a couple of hours trying to find specific info on this problem.

Thanks Found the info you were needing : from the home menu on the screen ( with the my settings highlighted in blue ) hold down both the dial and the house button below the screen until a screen pops up that says ( Exit clinical Menu) at the top, click the round dial on the settings button and scroll down to max pressure. Do you have an Idea at what pressure you are at when it starts bothering you ? I would consider not setting it below your prescribed 14

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 11 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,588 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.