Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset first impressions
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset first impressions
Used the Resmed last night for the first time after 4.5 years with the Philips Dreamstation:

1. Resmed Airsense 10 is much quieter than the Dreamstation.  The Dreamstation was never loud per se but it was always there in a white noise kind of way.  I noted the difference as did my wife right away. Love it.  Huge difference when you’re just going to bed.  
  2. The Climateline heated hose feels heavier and less flexible than the Philips heated hose.  Not sure how important this will be but I think I prefer the latter.  The engagement on the Dreamstation hose is also easier to engage.
  3. DreamMapper has more data available as to the types of events I had versus what is available on MyAir.  
  4. My AHI last night was 0.3. So far so good.  I’ll need to check the data in Oscar later today but I’m happy with that result.  With the Philips I routinely averaged 0.5 to 1.5 AHI, with a few 0 to 0.3’s also here and there. Mask selection is huge in this area for me.  Love the N20 nasal mask which has been my goto mask for more than 3 years now.
  5. Impressed with the auto start feature on the Resmed; it was defaulted to be On so I just left it there last night.  I never bothered to use it on the Dreamstation or the Go travel machine.
  6. Automatic cool down feature when I woke up this morning.  What is the purpose of this?  Is it to dry out the hose or something else?  How long does it stay on?
  7. Humidification.  I left the Resmed on a setting of 4 and temperature at Automatic.  Felt like it was perfect.  Air was nice and cool, had enough humidity but not too much. Extremely comfortable and was very satisfied with it this morning.  With the Dreamstation I was ALWAYS fiddling with settings to get it just right,  often I felt like the air would be too warm or I would have too much humidity which would result in a soaking wet nose.  So far so good with the Resmed.
  8. Menu system on the the Resmed is more intuitive and easier to navigate than the Dreamstation.
  9. Both power supplies are 90 watt units but the Resmed’s is smaller and lighter.  I wonder if that is because of its 24V power delivery.
  10. The north-south (longer) orientation of the Dreamstation fit my nightstand better than the Resmed’s east-west (wider) orientation.  I’ll have to move some things off or around my nightstand.  The flat top of the Dreamstation also made for a handy “shelf” for small items.
  11. Water chamber:  I felt the  Dreamstation’s chamber easier to fill (also easier to spill) than the Resmed’s.  In the morning when I would empty the Dreamstation tub I would place it back in the humidifier with the lid open for it to dry out.  The inner chamber of the Philips humidifier hearing plate area would always fill with dust and crap that would be impossible to clean out due to all the nooks and crannies.  This won’t be an issue with the Resmed since it clicks into the main unit.  I did find it a little bit difficult to gauge how much water I had in the Resmed last night but I’m sure I’ll adjust to that.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset first impressions
I think the same things as you do, comparing the Dreamstation to the A10, but I like the form factor of the ResMed S9 more than those other two machines... and the S9 water chamber is better than the others.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had my first night with ResMed Airsense 10 for Her. I ditched my Dream station as fast as I could. I can concur that the ResMed is tons quieter. Both my husband and I noticed immediately. I have only had one night and I am still trying to make the MYAir work. It is surely a process so far. So mad at having to spend another thousand dollars for a cpap machine that wont eventually kill me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone

I love my ResMed. I had a Philips since February and have had the ResMed for the last month. Thank goodness there was a recall because I would have continued to use it because I paid a fortune for it. That's another story. Since being on this forum, the ResMed was the machine all the experts recommended and I'm so glad I own one now. 

I never liked the look of the Philips, nor was it easy to check/fill the water. Having the water chamber buried in the machine was a pain to check the water level. Having to slide a switch and them having to pull up on the hose swivel to open the lid was a task. Then when you had to fill it you are risking pouring water all over the machine because the chamber is inset into the machine itself---so you better have all the lights in the room on and have good aim with a gallon jug of distilled water. If you decide to take the chamber out and fill it first, good luck getting it back in without spilling it everywhere SMH  I tried both ways, and both ways were not easy. 

The ResMed offers an 'at a glance' water check then I'm done. Water chamber slides out away from the machine and it is super easy to fill and clean. 

As far as the Philips look, why would they mass produce a white machine? White is so clinical. Isn't it inherently clinical enough being a CPAP machine? These space ships went into millions of homes and sat on night stands and mine was one of them ...eeesh.   Blink

I'm glad I'm done with Philips. ResMed offers me better treatment and its physical presence is easy on the eyes, and ease of use is on point.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,804 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 417 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.