Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 Heated Hose Issue
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Heated Hose Issue
(04-16-2018, 12:33 PM)Jschiner Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 05:29 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: The Resmed Airsense 10 humidifier works exactly as listed in the Resmed document I referenced. In other words, the max setting for humidity is 5 at a tube temp of 86.

That’s what they list, and that’s how mine works.  That is also what the OP listed for humidity maxing at 5 and temp 85 without rainout. So, it’s not a subpar unit. It behaves exactly as Resmed document describes.

My hose warmed up once for about 1 minute and never warmed up again.    Is the heated hose just a gimmic then?

My hose "warms" when it first starts to the point where I can feel the tube and notice it is warm. However, I think that is just the initial heating of the hose. Afterward, the hose does not really feel warm to to the touch. I will say that it does reduce rainout really well as long as the humidity setting does not exceed 5 (with a temp of 86).  

I think I have 4 posts, now, so I'll post the link to the Resmed information about the heated hose and humidity setting on the Airsense machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still can't post link, but do an internet search for:

"How to adjust HumidAir humidification settings"

On that page there will be an asterisk for the Airsense machines and it reads:

* Settings 6,7 and 8 are available to provide a humidity boost. However, there is a chance of rain-out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be careful with posting .com links, or you could end up in the penalty box like I am. I believe this is the applicable rule to be aware of. Also you can't post links to clinical manuals for CPAP machines.

"Links to commercial websites are not allowed in forum posts, member signatures or user profiles. This includes redirects, scam sites, blind links, and informational sites that are essentially commercial in nature. It is not acceptable to by pass this rule by posting something like: "Please visit my-online-store.com" or "Go to my-products-online-dot-com"."
Post Reply Post Reply
I can run humidity up to 8, and with heated hose on 86 degrees F, I do not get rainout. I am currently on setting 5, but do occasionally range from 4 to 8 depending on the need of the eve.

I agree with the result that Coffee Man describes as "My hose "warms" when it first starts to the point where I can feel the tube and notice it is warm." I get the same impression.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will know if the climate line hose is working by looking at the display of the unit when you attach the hose.  So, turn the machine on before you attach the hose.  Attach the hose and the display should notify you of a proper connection.  You should feel the warmth with a minute or so.

Rainout is common with the A10 and climate line hose if you don't adhere to a few basic solutions. First, set climate control to Auto.  Two, get a fleece hose cover.  If you still get rainout after that then you will need to look at the temperature and humidity readings for your room.  There are many threads dealing with this.  Just search "rainout".  Welcome to the forum and do not hesitate to ask for more help if you need it.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2018, 01:16 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: Be careful with posting .com links, or you could end up in the penalty box like I am. I believe this is the applicable rule to be aware of. Also you can't post links to clinical manuals for CPAP machines.

"Links to commercial websites are not allowed in forum posts, member signatures or user profiles. This includes redirects, scam sites, blind links, and informational sites that are essentially commercial in nature. It is not acceptable to by pass this rule by posting something like: "Please visit my-online-store.com" or "Go to my-products-online-dot-com"."

Thanks for playing moderator Ron. Rolleyes If you're in the penalty box it's because you broke the rules you agreed to abide when you signed up to the forum. The rules on commercial links are very clear and they're in place for the protection of Apnea Board.

Information links to CPAP manufacturer sites are allowed.
Links to DMEs or other sites where products are offered for sale are not.
The commercial forum is a special case - please see the guideines for that forum.
Clinical manuals can be requested via the link at the top of each page.

We encourage all members to familiarise themselves with the rules and to abide by them.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the link showing settings for ResMed humidifier with ClimateLineAir tube. This information is on page 2.

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...sa_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
I have always used ResMed APAP and ClimateLine (and now ClimateLineAir) and have never felt the hose get warm but have always been able to tell it was working, because the air I breathe gets warmer or cooler depending on whether I turn it up or down.  My understanding from ResMed is the hose stays cool to the touch outside, but inside the coil is warming the air to the desired setting.
RedBarron

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first for the Jew, and also for the Greek [Gentile]." Romans 1:16 CSB
Post Reply Post Reply
If you think about it , it is going to feel cool because you body is about 98 degrees, The hose is 85 degrees.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2018, 09:25 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: If you think about it , it is going to feel cool because you body is about 98 degrees,  The hose is  85 degrees.

Absolutely!!!
RedBarron

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first for the Jew, and also for the Greek [Gentile]." Romans 1:16 CSB
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 72 7 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,449 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 329 Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 443 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,650 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,997 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.